GREAT Weekend!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Friday our employers moved out of their big house (they have signed it over to their eldest son who moves in on Tuesday). It was a busy day and I worked my first full day for over four years! :giggle: After that Dom and I went to the supermarket and then I was overcome with the madness of feeling like I wanted to run. So having been on my feet all day I did a 19-minute run just to end the day. Normally I run in the early morning but I was curious to know whether it would feel better or worse at the end of the day instead. Not really a good day to pick to compare as I'd been on my feet all day, lugging boxes but it was warm and sunny and I got "the urge" so I went for it and was pleased that I sustained such a long time, especially as only 6 weeks previously I could barely managed sixty seconds first thing in the morning!!

Yesterday my elder daughter, her OH and my 5yo granddaughter, Olivia, came up to stay for the weekend. Olivia's first visit here so there was much excitement. Due to Laura's mental illness I hadn't seen Liv for over a year and I was completely enchanted by her. She is adorable, a very well-adjusted, loving, polite and social child who minds her P's and Q's. Liv was very excited about the prospect of meeting my "ponies". She's never seen anything equine in the flesh I thought she'd be overcome by their sheer size and didn't actually her expect to go through with the ride on Joey that she was allegedly looking forward to. Well, I was certainly eating humble pie because she wasn't fazed at ALL by their size, or fearful, even when they were trotting around (I had picked her up by this time admittedly) And she couldn't WAIT to sit on Joey.....

Afterwards, she sat on the worktop and helped me prepare the veg for dinner, carefully chopping vegetables with my close supervision....

We also enjoyed a bit of telly together...

And she got the giggles with grandad-Dom (who she probably hasn't seen him for about three years!)

This morning, whilst everyone was coming to, I snuck out at 8am for an early training session around Low Town in Bridgnorth. It was lovely to be running without too many people or cars around. I'm on week seven now and need to run 25 minutes. This morning I achieved 28.5 mins because I could sense that I was near the 4km and vanity wanted me to run that far! I was really chuffed with myself :angel:

Then we had to take Livvy to ride Joey AGAIN! (and it rained, but she didn't mind at all)

I do feel tired now and will probably have an early night, but overall it's been a really great weekend. (Shame I have to go poo-pick in the rain now!!! :redcarded:)

newrider.com