Groom/assistant needed at end of June Dorset area

LokiSofi

Oct 11, 2003
New forest
Well I'm biting the bullet and have decided to enter Misty and I into our first competition at the end of June. Local to me they hold dressage competitions for novice/young/nervous horses and riders. So am planning on doing one on the 30th June with misty. Only a walk and trot test but its a start. I think I have sorted transport possibly but was wondering if there is a kind NR out there who would be willing to spend the day with me (it is a wednesday which i know will be a problem for a lot of people the actual competition is in the evening) and help me plait etc (i'm useless) and act as my groom at the show and read the test for me aswell as giving me moral support.
I would be happy to collect and drop off anyone aswell as pay for refreshments.

I could possibly help you. I am moving down to Bournemouth in the middle of June from NE Scotland and will most likely be without my ponies at that time (they will follow me down as soon as I get a yard sorted) so would really like to meet other horsey people (and their horses!). I am moving for a new job so I doubt I will be able to get the day off but if you're not too far away from Bournemouth I could help plait up the night before? I have always had good comments on my plaits (I have photographic evidence too!).

Just read your post again and saw the comp was in the evening, so my offer of plaiting up the night before won't be any use. Maybe another time!

Oh thats a shame. Good luck with the move. If I don't scare myself and I make it to a daytime competition will send you a pm:p;)

newrider.com