Groom needed URGENTLY for a day.

Monty

Nov 16, 2001
On a farm
Visit site
On Tuesday 28th April....that's a week yesterday, I believe, I have an important Para qualifier at Beaver Hall at Leek, Staffordshire. I WAS sorted with a groom, but it hasn't quite worked out. I cannot manage without one.

I need someone to be a pair of legs for me for part of the day. You will need to be easily able to kindly and competently handle 16hh of very gentle, but big moving dressage horse with no ifs or buts. In addition you must have your own rider insurance. Please PM me if you think you're up to it. Thankyooooooo!

Do you mean Tuesday 27th or Wednesday 28th?

Is the help needed just at Beaver Hall, or do you need someone for the journey?

What exactly would you want the groom to do? You say you have a big moving horse - does that mean you may need the groom to get on?

Depending on answers to above, OH and I may be able to help.

Id love to help but that bumming thing 'work' always gets in the way of my fun! I cant wait to win the lottery so i can be a lady of leisure. Hope you find a someone who can help out.

Good luck and have a great day :)

Oh dear......my poor brain! It's Wednesday.....I knew it was definitely 28th...thought 28th was Tuesday though. They call it the menopause!!!! Thankyou for pointing that out Sparky Lily. And dragonfarmgirl, I appreciate your honesty regarding the riding part.

I don't need anyone for the journey,thankyou. That would just be for the convenience of someone who needed picking up along the way. Help would only be required at Beaver Hall thankyou. He would need to be unloaded,rugs and boots removed, brushed down, and tacked up.Yes, he would need at least a 20 minute warm up before I ride. If you are a Grade I or II rider , you can have an able bodied person ride in for you because of the fatigue element, any grade above that, and you have to do it yourself. And I'm a Grade II. Your groom has to dismount 20 minutes before your class. Then I'd need a hand to get onboard, no lifting whatsoever required by groom.

Then do it all in reverse after my two classes! I don't sit and watch either by the way! I can take boots and rugs off, or put them away as they are taken off. Saddling him is pretty nigh impossible for me as he's tall and I'm short! He has no issues with anything. Any problems are my physical ones. But yes, he does need to be warmed up.

Thanks for your replies

Last edited:
We could be at Beaver Hall on the Wednesday, and we'd be quite happy to do all of the non-riding bits. However, I hardly ride at all these days, and OH is now really just a happy hacker. I don't think either of us would be up to working in a big moving dressage horse. I know a lot of people who could, but they will be at work/school. I'll give it some thought though, and let you know if I come up with anyone.

Sorry if you have already thought of this Monty, but what about asking Ann at Beaver Hall if she knows of anyone who would work in your horse. Our offer of help still stands, so it need only be someone who can spare a bit of time to ride him.

Perhaps I should take a detour on my way!! Leave home on Sunday or something???? Mmmmmmm. Nice thought!:D

Yep it would seem we're sorted.......Have had a natter with Sparky Lily on the phone tonight. All is well.....and I believe that though he may not be aware of this yet......Mr Sparky Lily is coming armed with a camera, because Mrs Sparky Lily has made a confession to me: (Whispers:;)) She cannot call my test and take photos at the same time!:eek: Shame on you S.L. You have let down woman-kind......Fancy not being able to multi-task!!! Well!!!:rolleyes:

Hee.....I'm quite looking forward to it again now, after a stressful few days thinking I might not be able to go to my competition after all. Thanks S.L.

newrider.com