Grooming bag vs grooming box which one do you you like the best

Lexi 123

Sep 9, 2019
I just got a it is a Le mieux show kit grooming bag for Christmas I only ever had a grooming box’s . Which do you prefer grooming bag or grooming box .

I have a tray that sits in my filing cabinet. Mind i dont really take it out. I just grab out the brush and pick i want.

Comet and Torin have a box each in their stables and I have a bag that I take along to the hall with them on farrier day. The bag is actually a clipper bag has a lovely solid flat bottom in it. My boxes are great as they are big so I have their brushes and fly spray, mane and tail, foot clay, cream etc all in and kept together. The bag is handy as it goes over my shoulder and I can carry it and lead them both. It has foot clay as i always fill their feet after the farrier, brushes and a small bottle of fly and mane and tail spray.

Le Mieux stuff is very nice looking.
I have a box - For hygene reasons. Now 15 years old. When one washes one's brushes, one can wash the whole box too.
I have really nice grooming things, easy for elderly hands to grip and I need to wash everything completely when I move to a new yard.
Also my box lives in the boot of my car.

Reactions: Huggy
I have a pink grooming box that I'm sentimentally attached to as it was one of the first things Mr T bought me for Storm. It's old and faded and doesn't work completely - a bit like Storm lol but I hang onto it. It's washable and wipeable inside. It has lots of things in it, including some very precious tail hair from Joe and some from Storm herself. It has pride of place in the tack room. However, on a daily basis the girls don't really get much grooming (not unless you count various scratches!). Zi has a nice tack tray in his apartment with a material cover with elastic sides. I have a variety of brushes for him, some kb thingy fancy ones and some less known brands. He lets me know which he likes the best!lol
I did have a grooming bag - a set of Bentley brushes - they were okay but the straps on the back of the brushes broke quickly.

Reactions: Huggy
Whatever works.
I currently use a Toggi travel bag that hangs up on the tie ring she's tied to. No more bending down. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
A box outside their stable for the same reason as @Skib I’m a neat freak and empty once a week to get any hay and hair out. I wash my brushes a lot as well.

I do have a bag in the boot of my car for comp days but this one has a zip lid so things can’t drop in it.

My lovely friend gave me a grooming box she got for me on gum tree, when I got Hogan. It's got a lid, which I've never had before - everything stays so much cleaner!

I like bags but decent ones! I’ve bought a few rubbish ones in the past, including recently a Derby House own brand one which has a million pockets but no structure at all so it’s just impossible to find anything.
the Shires ones are good as are PE. I bought a PE bag last time they were on sale and love it.

I use a wire bike basket for my everyday stuff, all the dust and dirt just falls out through the mesh. I have an oster case for when we're away as its easy to sling over my shoulder when lugging gear from truck to horse.

I prefer a bag - my Decathalon one has a zip up top to keep things clean, but it just gets chucked in a soapy bucket or the washing machine to wash ... I'm not precious :D

newrider.com