grossest riding injury?

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
Caution, do NOT uncover the hidden photo if you are squeamish! :oops::oops: All I can say is, all credit to the surgeon for doing such an amazing job, and what a tough girl! I don't know how I'd react if it happened to me, but let's hope I never have to find out...

• Wow
Reactions: Huggy
Jeepers! Mine wasn't nearly as bad, but I went face first into the post and rail when I was about 9 and my lip was hanging off, the cut was from the corner of my mouth to my chin. I was oblivious after the initial shock and just got annoyed no one was going to let me get back on lol The first doctor was useless (tried to stitch my face without anaesthetic) but I was then taken to a brilliant plastic surgeon at the hospital my mum worked at who fixed me up, all I have now is a tiny scar on my lip on the outside and further down inside.

I think you body partially switches off to cope?

Mine are no where near that bad. When I was kicked in the face I just got four stitches. When I split my leg and could see the muscle, just a few stitches.

Adrenaline dulls pain doesn't it, I remember holding my lip in place with a handkerchief but I honestly was really more worried I'd loose my nerve to ride if I didn't get straight back on as that's what I'd always been told I had to do :D

When I hurt my leg when the cob stepped in it, it damaged the nerve so no pain. I carried on riding as I could get my boot on. :)

My motto if unconscious I have a problem, if conscious what problem.

Wow!!! I arent easily shocked but gosh that is the real deal isnt it?!
Mine has to be when the boy stood on me. Interestingly, when it happened there was the pain at the start. Like been very very winded (i has shut my eyes when i saw his hoof.coming towards me, as you Do!)then the pain. After that i was on the floor rolling from left to right ever so slightly while curled in a ball holding my stomach. Could hardly breathe. But each breathe severely hurt so it was quick shallow breaths. Then within a minute if that it just felt like a bruise. It was more neck that hurt more!
Luckily i was with 2 nurses one been a ICU charge nurse (in charge of ICU) i remeber hearing them ringing the ambulance and that the horse had stood on me. I would have said no ambulance but by the time i got my breathe back it was already coming.on blue lights.

newrider.com