Guess the vet's bill.

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Sunday call out for her dog bite (bear in mind my vet is 60 km away) Antibiotics jabs for the week and bute injection and more powders for the week. Another visit from vet three days later, but not exactly a call out, more him just popping in on his way past our place to see how she was doing.

I hadn't got the bill to give to the dog's owners so phoned them Friday to remind them to send it - as I always pay cash they had forgotten all about it!

How much would you think?

My yard was close to the vets and when Rubic was kicked I think my bill was about £160 for staples, danilon and summer fly cream. I think with all the jags and powders yours would be double that so I'm guessing £320-350.

He is a one off my vet, one of the old school and only believes that animal welfare in Ireland can be improved if up and coming vets
stop charging outrageous prices and rushing everything off to the horsepital. As he says, there are many over here who simply won't get the vet out if the charge is going to be more than the animal is worth, no incentive really is it for some of the shall we say 'less caring owners'?

I am very lucky, I wish him a long life and good health - I don't think I could afford one of the other vets!:p

Reactions: newforest
It's really sickening when you realise how much they mark the prices up. My vet managed to "call in a favour from a friend" and get Rubic's MRI knocked down as my insurance money had run out... still cost £700 - it usually costs £1200.

Reactions: Cortrasna
Wow, I like your vet, mine is £40 call out and that's just a standard call out, you can double it for an out of hours one!

God, I took 2 dogs to the vet for 10 mins the other day, got some eye drops for 1 and nothing for the other - £124

I am packed and ready to get on the boat...

newrider.com