Guess What These Are For!

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
Well my lovely dad had me out in the garden doing the tomboy thing yesterday - mini digger, chainsaws and trees!
I had a brainwave to make something I've always needed for Flipo and I, and now I have four - can you guess what I'm going to do with them? (Shouldn't be too difficult lol!)
2AC098E6-E362-4B4D-AAB1-562873807A5A-3198-000004C6DF76BE23_zps6e46860d.jpg

Yep spot on gattino - lol I can't really see me doing mounted games with the flipo lump, but we're going to strategically place these around my hacking routes as there are a few longer rides I want to go on, but need to get off for gates. Dead chuffed as hopefully other liveries can use them aswell, but they are flipo and kirstin height, perfect for us!! Never thought, after all of our mounting woes, that we'd ever be able to anticipate jumping off and back on again on hacks without major drama!!

That is really good idea to place them around hacking route, if I am on anything bigger than a 14.2 I just can't get on from ground easily as I am short and don't have the flexibility of my young days. Saves your saddle and horses back too if you have to get up and down a few times when out and about.

I have matching ones of those at each end and in the middle of our field for getting on! One has a bit of a wobble though so can be a bit dodgy it it moves at the wrong time! :giggle:

My dad had grand ideas to do some sort of sculpting with the chainsaw, creating steps for me and putting big bolts and nylon rope on them so they could be moved about. This would be fab if I was keeping them in my own field or school, but I need them to blend into the bushes and folk not want to steal them, so as natural as possible was the aim.

:giggle: joosie. I think we'd have to issue earthquake warnings in Scotland if Flipo and I were to ever try jumping.

THe worst mounting block I ever had was a dodgy pair of little step ladders!.. The day I wobbled off and ended up underneath the horse ( a saint and stood there thank god!) and my pride severely dented I bought a proper one!

Thats a great idea to place them around ! Hopefully nobody collects them for firewood !:giggle:

newrider.com