Gutted Today!

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
All set to go off to little moor today. Barely a nerve in sight today which was a welcome relief!!

Tacked up in very quick time, got on, Tobes very good about moving off - bit sticky but with pressure and relief we were off down the lane with friend behind in no time.

Turned onto the track a few moments from the yard, and friends horse stumbles and then stands with her foot in the air.

Bless her, she is never lame and never hurts herself, but a bit of flint had cut her frog and lodged in there, and it was bleeding.

So home we went - even Tobes was disappointed. At the fork he was almost saying, well thats fine if you don't want to go down the track today Mum , we will go on the roads!!!

Am hoping that the next few days for Amber to recover will not put me right back where I was again. I have however decided that my nerves are a HUGE contributory factor to Toby's behaviour. Oddly, that has actually made me feel better - almost like he isn't psycho horse, but I am psycho woman and that I can change.

Well, thats today anyway!!

Oh what a shame for Amber.

But look on the positive side eh? You were DISAPPOINTED that you were not going to go out onto the moors for a hack!

Just hold that feeling and you are more than half way there. :happy:

I know, but I am just so worried it will go away again! How pathetic am I?!

Mmm, not so sure mrs. It seems quite ingrained now:biggrin::giggle::tongue:

Never a truer word!!!! Praps with a few therapists!!!!

Yard moving 1st October. Have two fun rides (was there ever more of a misnomer) to get under my belt this month before the move!

Ooh, Sorry about your friends horse, hopefully she'll be better in a day or two.

As for you, well nerves gone :dance: I'm so glad you consider yourself 'psycho woman' as I think i have that affect on Harvey too. He mirrors my temperment a bit too well. I am everything he is...spooky/unpredictable/quirky, lol.

I had a good day confidence wise too so :dance:and big :biggrin: all round and :twins: to Amber

Well i think there are a number of positives to be had from today. The fact he was willing, and you wanted to, the fact he was good, you had little or no nerves, the fact that you felt disappointment on the turn around for home ... and that you`ve recgonised you`re a psycho woman (joke lolol :tongue:).

I find that i wax and wane through the month, sometimes i`m fearless and feel like Coby and i can tackle anything ... and when i`m in that frame of mind we do all sorts, and he really does feed his confidence from me. Then at other times i feel daft and nervous for no obvious reason, he also feeds off that state of mind too lolol !!!

I think you`ll be fine, and you`ll be pootling off again towards little moor with out batting an eyelid :happy:

newrider.com