Gutted!

shockblue

Oct 8, 2009
Derbyshire
www.ponytailsjewellery.co.uk
My boyfriend and I never really spend much time together, sometimes I'm in bed when he gets home and then I'm up and off to work before he's awake and then on weekend he's doing gigs.

So I saw the Joe Bonamassa was coming to Nottingham this Sunday and I rang up on Friday and dipped into my savings to buy executive tickets and told him that he was to be ready on Sunday at 5.30pm, sat in my car with a drink in his hand. He was really excited and had no idea what I had in store for him. It was going to be his Christmas gift and part of his birthday which was September.

So today I get a call saying its postponed till April :poop:

You try and do something nice eh? :frown:

Feeling a bit gutted and at a loose end of what to do instead now. I've kept the tickets for April but he was really excited!

Is there anything else we could do last minute that's a bit of a treat? Bearing in mind it's a Sunday and he won't be back from his gig until early morning tomorrow as well so won't want anything too taxing too early on.

Oh no thats a shame SB..im not sure what to suggest as i think your choice will be limited as its sunday.. You could cook him a nice meal, and wear a french maid outfit.. Im sure he would think thats a treat :wink:

Oh what a terrible let down, after all your efforts too :poop:
It was a wonderful thing to have planned and would have been an amazing surprise for OH.
Will you tell him what would have been or just that it is postponed ?
One thing I did like to do with my ex was to find a pub/hotel with romantic rooms and go for a meal and quiet night :wub:
The other thing, as we both loved driving around, was to pick a road that we liked the look of but hadn't driven down before and go exploring, stopping for food and drink at pubs, stopping to admire views etc if that is your kind of thing ?
Otherwise we both loved an 'all you can eat' buffet and cinema.
No other ideas, sorry, but good on you for making the effort in the first place xxx

Oh no thats a shame SB..im not sure what to suggest as i think your choice will be limited as its sunday.. You could cook him a nice meal, and wear a french maid outfit.. Im sure he would think thats a treat :wink:

Lol! :wink:

Maybe we'll just have a late breakfast and a good old lazy Sunday?

I've learnt how to get films from my iPad onto the tele and have rented a few films. I watched planet terror at 8am this morning whilst I was working haha :redcarded:

I like the driving idea, unfortunately i like to plan things out a bit too much so think i'd struggle without looking it up first lol!

I've just told him that my plan has been postponed and haven't told him anything else. When April comes I will just do the whole 'be sat in the car at 5.30' again :redface:

breakfast in bed would be good .. you could wake early go & buy some pancakes/sausages & bacon washed down with a nice fruit juice and a gallon of tea...That would be a good way to start the day..

Gutted for you shockblue, but, has JB postponed a lot of gigs 'til April? He is completely awesome and I'd love to see him and to take my 14 year old son, who is turning into a great blues guitarist himself. Son and I listen to a LOT of Joe Bonamassa in the car as I drive him around to various guitar lessons, gigs etc, so he would be in heaven to see him play live.

I'll have to download that one myself. I see he is playing in London on 22/10 but my son has a gig himself that night. Maybe I'll get something organised for the 2012 tour.
Hope you enjoy it when you get to see him (jealous, moi?:mstickle:) and hope your Oh and you enjoy your lazy sunday anyway. Is he a blues player?

newrider.com