Had a lesson today :)

diamonddogs

Apr 14, 2008
Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho
A very good friend at the yard must have felt sorry for me this week - I'd booked a week off work to really get stuck in with Sham. I'd planned on doing something small every day to see where it took me, then bang. She had her abscess, so the week was pretty much dead in the water.

So J comes into the kitchen and says "Make sure you're free at three o'clock Friday" - she'd booked me a half hour private lesson at a new school near her house, and paid for it in advance!

So off we went, and I rode the most gorgeous grey Connemara called Jack, who looked after me brilliantly - I really clicked with him. I had to work hard, but I walked and trotted, with and without stirrups. My instructor said he's quite cautious with new riders, but he'll move up as many gears as I want to once he's sure of me and me him. And she was really pleased that I trotted - she wasn't expecting me to! Due to my unfit legs, most of my trot work was done sitting, which amazed her!

It was tough, the sun was absolutely scorching, but I not only survived, but thoroughly enjoyed it, and I know I could have gone on to canter and maybe even pop a small jump had it been cooler.

I've booked another in two weeks, on Jack again, and I can't wait! My instructor said in a month or so she'd like to come to our yard and give me a lesson on Sham, so that's my short term goal.

:dance:

Thats fantastic - well done. And in this heat as well!!! I hate riding in the heat so opt to ride at around 6am to be back for 8am, and try to coerse others into doing it too!! So hats off to actually having a lesson in it!!!

Exc whoop whoop sounds fab and great having another and then one on Sham :dance:

Sitting trot in that hate and no stirrups, you are obv fitter than you think :wink:

newrider.com