Half Chaps - measurements?

Neptune

Jul 29, 2005
Bristol
I'm thinking about buying some half chaps but I have no idea what size to get! How do I go about measuring my legs?

Idiots guide would be much appreciated :D

most chaps are in smal med or large but some give length and width measurements too basically measure the length of the back of your calf from heel to back of knee and then measure the circumference of the widest point of your calf in inches, if in doubt go to your local tack shop in your jodhs and boots and try them all on thats what i do! :D

Theyre usually measured in inches, so measure around the 'fattest' part of your calf and from your knee to the knobbly bit in your ankle with a tape measure.

once you have an idea, go to your local tackshop and try some on from that size. if they fit, all good, if not try an inch wider or an inch longer etc. you dont necessarily have to buy them from the tack shop once you know the size so can get them off the internet.

bear in mind that different makes and brands are different shapes so dont just go for the first ones you see. i can recommend the dublin ones for about £20 - they have kasted me a long time and are cheap. i do think they have shrunk slightly when i washed them, so bear that in mind.

ooh another tip i generally go for the size smaller than what i measure round my calf as they stretch and can slip down after a while, getting the size smaller just prolongs the inevitable!

remember that your going to have jodhs on underneath them if your trying them without jodhs :)
im a small with the dublin, they were £20, suede piping ones and theyre really good

newrider.com