Happiness is....

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Riding my horse again! Since the rodeo episode last week where Ben sent his rider into orbit, he has progressively improved his behaviour. He has been hacking for five days in a row with the girl that he threw off with lessening spookiness each time, and today when he came back from his hack I got on him in the arena. It was such a great feeling and I burst into happy tears. I only rode for 5 minutes but it was great to be back on and hopefully I will now start to take over more of his rehab.

I feel like I am riding the worlds biggest rollercoaster. Last week was a crashing low and now I am back on a high!

Yeah! So thrilled for you! I'm sure he'll get better and better as time goes on. When is he likely to be allowed some turnout?

Yeah! So thrilled for you! I'm sure he'll get better and better as time goes on. When is he likely to be allowed some turnout?
I have no idea. The vet comes back in 2 weeks and by then he would have done over 6 months solid box rest. I am keen for him to go out ASAP but it all depends on how the lameness assessment goes.

Reactions: Huggy
Fab update, I’m so pleased for you! It’s been a long time coming hasn’t it, I bet you go to bed smiling tonight :)
I am in bed right now, I am exhausted. The emotional rollercoaster is exhausting, but yes I am happy and can’t wait to do it tomorrow. I had forgotten just how much fun riding is! I just hope the vet says he is sound enough to stay in work. A complete recovery is looking unlikely but I hope he will be ok for gentle hacking.

I'm so pleased for you. I know how devastating it was to see that behaviour from him, but it really isn't unusual for a hose that's been on a long period of box rest. Hopefully today has set your mind at rest & everything will be easier now. Look after yourself Mary Poppins, that roller coaster can play merry hell with your health if you don't.

I was so pleased to see your thread, just the title lifted my heart. Well done you for seeing it through this far and may you soon have many more happy rides on Ben.

newrider.com