Happy

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Just got back from my mum having her very first proper ride on her just turned 5 year old Connie Freya.
My mum has had a lot of confidence issues and hasn't really ridden apart from a couple of rides on our big cob since her last horse passed away 3 years ago, so I am hoping this is a sign of good things to come.
Freya was fab, stood perfectly still to mount (mum can get a bit nervous when horses move when mounting) and was very sharp in her transitions. They left Susie and I behind as she trotted off in front and did her own thing. I am hoping this continues, but at the moment I am very happy :D

Thank you both :D We have had her since she was a 2 year old and we've done groundwork and bonding work with her and I started backing her as a 3 year old with lots of time off in between. I'm so pleased she stood like a champ to mount, makes all the jumping up and down next to her, climbing on and off the block, hanging off the side of her and generally looking like a bit of a loon whilst block training worth it :D

Your Mum is so very lucky to have you No-Angel....confidence is such a fragile thing and gone in the blink of an eye. But having you there to support and encourage her is just perfect - and especially as you have put so much effort into making the youngster so obliging and well mannered. :) (y)

Sounds like to perfect start, hopefully your mums confidence will soar on her given time:) x

Thank you everyone :D Whilst watching Mantracker last night and watching them canter down the trails she even said she will hopefully be cantering on her pony soon :eek: Which is a huge thing as my mum pretty much hates cantering. I really want her to be happy and confident and enjoy riding again, I just hope Freya is the one she can have that with.

newrider.com