hard feed - what do you all pay monthly?

Nothing as mine doesn't get any, I haven't bought a bag of feed for a year now. I guess it costs £20 a month on a supplement and veg. I certainly am surprised by the amount if times our yard goes to get feed.

I am not feeding mine yet.

During winter, they probably get through a bag of Hi Fi once a fortnight and one or two bags of speedibeet over the full year, so I would say I spend about £25 per month in winter. Hay varies from year to year.

They never seem to need cereals at all but we only hack, so no hard work.

Ziggy doesn't get hard feed though Mattie gets half a scoop a day of Fast Fibre in the summer and a scoop of Calm & Condition in the winter.

They do get herbs and supplements every day though. I reckon I pay about £1600/year or £133 per month or £62 per month of £15/week per horse for Mattie's feed and all their rosehips, devil's claw etc. But Mattie couldn't get by without his devil's claw.

God I hate to add it up.

£3.50 a week for carrots - £14.00 a month
£8 Grass nuts
£11 bran mash
£12 Chaff

That's the cheap bit.

Chanter also has Global herbs old age, Turmeric, Bute/nobute

Plus Linseed

Ginger is feed all year round now as he is medium work, Chanter is feed just a chaff for hos drugs

Kev is still just getting a handful of chaff to put his supplement in. I bought a bag of speedi beet which I suspect will last all winter. He might get a conditioning feed over winter depending on how his weight goes, but I'm just playing it by ear.

Oh, and £60 for his superflex, but that lasts us a few months.

There are benefits to a good doer then, she currently gets one apple and one carrot, that's increased from one carrot. I will add a few other veggies in that come winter.
I actually need the bags to be smaller, as I expect what I have left in a big dustbin is for the wildlife.

For my two tbs who are on unmolassed chaff and one is on spillers pony cubes and the other on spillers conditioning cubes we pay about £50 a month.

About 15 quid every 8-12 weeks in winter.

They just get chaff and a bit of mix. They are also on hayledge this year.

A bag of Speedibeet lasts our pair 3 months. Think it costs about £11. They get Baileys lo cal which lasts two months and that costs £28 a bag.

A bag of Dengie Good Doer-chaff which lasts for weeks as he just gets a handful to get his vit supplement in, think bag costs around £13 but easily lasts 2 months.

newrider.com