Hard work starting to pay off :)

Cremola Foam

Jan 11, 2005
Scotland
I can't believe how much Peds has changed in this last year :)

My friend and I hired a local RS indoor school last night after work. We arrived and unloaded in darkness while there were fireworks banging in the distance! Peds glanced in the direction of the noise then got down to serious business..... Eating grass while I tacked up!

The fireworks were still going off when we went into the school and he didn't even seem to notice them (my friends mare was a little unsettled but she settled when they stopped which was pretty quickly)

He then was so relaxed and listening for our warm up and in our 'work' (practicing transitions in halt, walk and trot without his head coming up)

The school was lovely and big so we ended with some canter work. Totally messy and horrible transitions but we got some good ones at the end and it has to start somewhere :) I feel so positive about his schooling and unbelievably proud that it's me that's got us to where we are now. It may have taken 4 years to get to this point, and I'm sure it would have been much quicker and we would be further on if I'd done as some people in my life suggested and sent him away to be schooled, but I wouldn't feel this sense of achievement and wouldn't know my pony as well as if I had. (Nothing against sending ponies away for schooling, I know it works for some people)

We're going for a relaxed hack today and then the competition on Sunday (an early start as I'm on at 9.18am!)

So pleased for you. And I'm so with you on the 'doing it yourself' thing. It has been suggested to me more than once that I get the pro rider on our yard to school Raf for me, as other liveries do with theirs. But for me it's all about the journey, not the destination, and I don't want to miss any of it!

Good luck tomorrow :)

Thanks guys :)

@Ale we had a lovely chilled hack thanks. All his fans were out and Peds enjoyed soaking up the attention!

I'm just on my way up to the farm to spruce up Peds now. :)

newrider.com