Harvey goes to camp (warning *lots* of pics)

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
I had booked for 2 riding camps this year, one in June, and one in September. The June one was cancelled but the September one went ahead with rider numbers slightly reduced to comply with Covid regs.

The format was arrive Thursday night, then on Friday, Saturday and Sunday have 2 ridden lessons a day. Stabling, horse bedding and rider food were provided. There were also some non ridden activies (Yoga, meditation and conformation). Harvey went well for me although I gave him a lot of extra hard feed to cope with the extra work and he was a bit sporty (to the point I very nearly fell off in the flatwork!)

First on Thursday was a jigsaw puzzle:
i-dz3cnzL-XL.jpg

Done!
i-BzMMQx7-XL.png

Socially distanced Harvey (every other stable empty)
i-LpX3T8H-XL.png

Socially distanced lorries
i-ScCrfP7-XL.jpg

Not a bad place to be!
i-HTtKb2H-XL.jpg

I made sure the lorry was nice and tidy inside (!!)
i-NF7K59r-XL.png

Harvey likes a graze to start the day

i-MFPXH73-XL.jpg

Good job he's in my social bubble
i-RKng53k-XL.jpg

Polework was first

i-7vGpPWq-XL.jpg

Then flatwork
i-g5ZTSbs-XL.jpg

On to Saturday - XC technique
i-mbc3V3Z-XL.jpg

i-HFd25SP-XL.jpg

For some reason Harvey didn't like this fence. First time he ran out and second time he jumped the arena fence instead (oops)
i-krZ7FFj-XL.jpg

i-fjnPrMG-XL.jpg

We did gridwork after this but no photos of that :(

Sunday morning was XC - my young groom friend couldn't make it, but I promised her there would me matchy matchy - so:
i-8Fpz2RS-XL.jpg

i-mp5KGC4-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Oh he's a good boy! Especially with the water - Hogans not great even with puddles, and Ramsey totally shamed me at the water xc - never again! And I'm very glad to see someone else "matchy matchy"!

Reactions: GaryB
Sounds like you had a great time, love those water pics especially, as for the ‘matcha matcha’ :rolleyes::p

I am in awe once again! You look like you had a fabulous time. I love Harvey, he's ace!!! Well bloomin done on all of it. Hahahaha, I love your lorry, tis a tardis for sure fitting all your stuff in there!! hehehee.

Well done Gary & Harvey! My yardmate was also at Lincomb last weekend.... Catrina "Cat" and Toby.... did you meet them?

Harvey, most gorgeous horse on NR! He's good at skinnies, isn't he? Makes it all look easy! What fun you had
You wouldn't have said that when he came out his stable on Sunday morning. I didn't know whether to wsh him, or rub poo into the few remaining greay areas and pretend he was bay!

Well done Gary & Harvey! My yardmate was also at Lincomb last weekend.... Catrina "Cat" and Toby.... did you meet them?

I did indeed we sat together on Saturday night - small world!

Awesome you both looked great.
It looks like you had a super time.
I like how well planned it was to cope with covid.
I love the narrow jumps. HARVEY was a star over them.
Lol to jumping the arena fence..whoops..
Years ago
On a solo cross country for my pilots license I taxied down a road by mistake no one made a big deal at the airport.. turns out almost everyone did first time including my flight instructor.
You and Harvey looked great togethey as always..

Love the water photo and how tidy you kept everything in the lorry.
He's really looking well in the photos and you are both having fun and enjoying things.

Awesome you both looked great.
It looks like you had a super time.
I like how well planned it was to cope with covid.
I love the narrow jumps. HARVEY was a star over them.
Lol to jumping the arena fence..whoops..
Years ago
On a solo cross country for my pilots license I taxied down a road by mistake no one made a big deal at the airport.. turns out almost everyone did first time including my flight instructor.
You and Harvey looked great togethey as always..
What! You can fly a plane?! You threw that in very casually!

I haven't either.
Years ago we had a plane.
Gary b what did you fly???
We had a Cessna 172 Skyhawk.
My first husband got it in the divorce.
Sadly my second husband who passed away from massive heart attack at 49
wanted no part of small planes..i won't get in a commercial one.
He also could not understand pilots.. male and female could be friendly ..nothing else and LITERALLY TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER.
SO I Lost all my friends at the airport cause he wanted no part.
Graham my husband of 21 years this October had taken flying lessons before i met him but had never gotten his license.
At that point flying was really too expensive.
LOL HE TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD ...
TALKING ABOUT THE WEATHER..
He's a great guy.. when we would go to an air show and talk to someone at a booth etc and they would say are you a pilot? He would have no problem saying no but my wife is..
My first husband was mad when I got my license he didnt want to let me fly and told people NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE LEFT SEAT..THERE'S ONLY ONE PILOT IN COMMAND.
It didn't sit well that I soloed 2 hrs earlier and got my pilots license 4 hours earlier..
He was an abusive bad cop. They can be good or bad . We married young I knew he wanted to be a cop but not how he would become. He threatened to shoot the horses if i left..
Best thing ever was being dumped for the 23 year old bimbo w big boobs.
I guess abuse continued w her.

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com