Has anyone been here for a riding holiday...

Afraid not :)

But we went here, http://www.spiritofexmoor.com which was excellent.

You can stay in the main cottage (you can have your own little cottage/bungalow if you want) and get all home-cooked food and the people are lovely!

There are only six of you at a time, all the horses are fit and forward-going, and you get to ride for 3-4 hours everyday, and can help look after the horses as well. Would definitely recommend them!

Although of course it's on Exmoor, not in the Cornish Countryside!

Did that used to be Wheal bueller? I've driven past it many times when we used to holiday down in Kennack Sands. Should be good! I used to go to Newton Livery which isn't a million miles from there for hacks.

Yes I went on one a few years ago in the camargue, got to ride real camargue horses the camargue way (like western) and went riding everyday. Saw flamingos and even a wedding on horse back! Beach ride was excellent! The hostess was a moody English woman though who couldnt grasp the concept of me being vegetarian and constantly complained about it all the time which I thought was v rude and I wouldnt want to go back for a holiday with her ever again! TBH she really ruined what shouldve been an amazing holiday!

Sorry thouhgt you were talking about riding hols in general (serves me right for reading half the post lol)

Last edited:
Oh that is Newton Livery (newtonequestrian) - I haven't been there for 4 years but I looked on the site and they've still got Comet!!!!!!!!!!! What a hoss!!!! Lovely creature carried me on my first hack in over 21 years without blinking an eye or a twitch of whisker! Fab. I've ridden Duchess to (marvellous) and OH rode Marmite. Fabby horses - can highly recommend.

Comet is a dark bay gelding; suitable for novice, intermediate or experienced riders.

Height: 14.2 Hands

Born: 1992

Price: £2,300

Attachments

• Comet.jpg
    Comet.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
Uh-oh ... Trewsers will be buying!!

Budgiebone that Stonetrail place up in Cumbria looks FAB!! Definitely considering getting out there next year with my yard mate ...

newrider.com