Have you ever been bitten?

@Hoof_hearted I think you've made an important point there - often people confuse a nip with a bite. A nip, particularly a hard nip, can be very painful & draw blood but a bite is serious & can do significant damage.

The cob threatens to nip or will nip. I don't actually think she has bitten because compared to what else she can dish out, I think I would know the difference.

Who recalls this injury? It left a scar and soft tissue damage, but I filed under ouch and I could still ride so all is fine.
That's being stepped on.

Attachments

• PicsArt_09-18-06.38.24.jpg
    PicsArt_09-18-06.38.24.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 20
The cob threatens to nip or will nip. I don't actually think she has bitten because compared to what else she can dish out, I think I would know the difference.

Who recalls this injury? It left a scar and soft tissue damage, but I filed under ouch and I could still ride so all is fine.
That's being stepped on.

Argh that makes me wince!!!!!!!:eek:

@Hoof_hearted I think you've made an important point there - often people confuse a nip with a bite. A nip, particularly a hard nip, can be very painful & draw blood but a bite is serious & can do significant damage.
This is what I consider a bite to be.
So based on that the cob has only nipped but previous pony sunk the teeth.

When Marley bit me and also tried on other occassions(usually when bringing his food into the stable) he would lunge with a wide open mouth so it wasn't a nip. He is a loveable boy now though, thank goodness :D

Reactions: Trewsers
My Daisy has bitten. She was on box rest and bit two people who were going past her stable. I've figured out since then that she is frightened by things that rush past her when she's in because I rushed past her once and she laid her ears back and lunged for me.

Only once that I can remember when I was very young coloured horse got me by the arm and really shook me about. More kicks than bites though.

newrider.com