Have you had a great January?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
It's easy to get swamped by the negatives, but looking through my pictures lots of snaps of Ale and I out hacking, and a few silly selfies, pics of him stuffing hay just makes me smile!

Collage 2016-01-27 18_36_44.jpg

What good things have happened to you this month?

Such a lovely upbeat post. I love your pictures, you both really look to be enjoying yourselves in all of them:)

i've been feeling a bit down today,but looking at your pics made me smile, thanks:D I will have a look through my pics of this month to see what i can find.

I have edited to add that Yes I have had a good January, better than last year as Marley was very bolshy and pushy last winter but so far this winter he has been so calm and a pleasure to be around...I'm touching wood as i type this as i don't want to jinx us lol

Last edited:
It's very easy to get down especially at this time of year and with everything that I'm sure is going on in everyone's lives.

I always enjoy seeing your pics and videos so yes please share some pics! :)

This time last year Ale was in light work as still recovering from his leg injury and the year before he was on box rest with a scary prognosis. I feel so lucky to be able to see him every day and I'm trying to make the most of every time I ride him, I should never take a second for granted after all he's been through.

Ahh the lovely Ale, he's one of my favourite virtual horses! Glad your year has started well.

I can't really complain about my January, it's just been a bit dull and I miss my ponies so much, but it couldn't be any worse than this time last year, when we were dealing with the news of my mum's illness. Life is short, enjoy the good stuff and don't hang on to the bad :)

I've had a great month :D I've got back to riding Jess, just pooling about still but I'm glad of anything :D I've missed riding her terribly so it's great to be back in the saddle, plus dear little Hank has come on nicely in his harness and ponying off of Jess :D
On non horsey things, works a bit pants but it's not horrific and my better diet is mostly going well but I now realise I understand horse nutrition far more than my own :p oh and the evenings are already drawing out noticeably :D

@MrC I hope Feb is better than you think it will be.

I'm enjoying the lighter evenings too! Thanks @joosie nice to know he has a fan! Not long till you leave now for your trip, that certainly won't be dull I'm sure!

So glad you are back on board @Jessey hope this year is kind to you!

Glad you had a great January Ale and thank you for the photo's Ale is one of my favourite NR horses too! :D
My January has been a bit pants, got off to a good start and then it looks like the same as last year all over again only with MIL this time not my own Mum, hey ho, they say these things are sent to try us, so try we shall.

I have had a very crappy January. Been really ill, my son has been ill, have hardly ridden, my husband is looking for a new contract and been out of work for the last 4 weeks. I found my dream job last night (2 days per week, good money, great location) and found out this morning that applications shut at midnight yesterday and they won't accept any more!

Roll on February. Hoping for better health, better job news and much more riding.

I've had a good January. Plenty of work, I've ridden a fair bit, been making plans. Only thing is I keep stressing about climate change, I am a worrier though.

Reactions: joosie
My January started good then Sonny got what seemed to be an abscess then not a couple days after that sorted out
a little small scrape/gash on a front leg nothing much til andi got in with him
and they acted like jerks and it got a teeny tiny bit warm and swollen
so I have him in the smaller area out side his stall tl it clears.

The weather and footing has not been condusive to the trainer working iwth Andi
so I am hoping for a better FEB.
and yippee the Lobster Hut opens FEB 10 so thats one good feb thing!!
I cant wait for a really good seafood platter .

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
I have had a fab January. Apart from the last couple of windy days, Storm and I have had lots of good (if short) rides. The nights are creeping lighter and a lot of my bird friends are chortling more noticeably:) OH has more work than he can keep up with:D both my girlies are happy, hairy and mad as hatters:p:D .
After a lot of very sad stuff over Christmas I am feeling positive for my family - my sister is hopefully coming out of hospital soon and will have a fresh start - plus my dad seems (touch wood) a little more settled. Plus we are both still looking forward to moving - things are starting to get interesting with people viewing our place:)

Yeah it's been a good month. Ollie is getting better with a change of meds! I have found a riding buddy and have been going out getting both me and womble fit and managing to still get some fast work done! I've also lost a stone since the beginning of January so I'm pleased with that!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Yeah it's been a good month. Ollie is getting better with a change of meds! I have found a riding buddy and have been going out getting both me and womble fit and managing to still get some fast work done! I've also lost a stone since the beginning of January so I'm pleased with that!

Nice to see you again:D

My riding seems to have turned a bit of a corner since Christmas and I've had all good lessons so far this year so fingers crossed can carry that on. I've found a diet that i have manage to stick to for a change, the family are all happy and my brother and his family are going to visit from the isle of man, so all is well in camp calluna!

newrider.com