Having a Wobble - what have I let myself in for?!

mu0ljk

Nov 27, 2014
ARGH!!!

So, ages ago I decided one of my goals this year was to join my local RC and to take part in some of the team events.

This Sunday I am on the team taking part in the 80cm area qualifier in a one day event!

We went for some XC practice last weekend and we were awful - I wasn't riding very effectively, Otto was refusing and ducking out of all manner of things and it's left me feeling entirely unconfident! ! I did intend on going to my local farm ride this week but it's just been too damn hot.

I'm going to have a go today at home at the dressage and over some poles but I'm not feeling very positive for Sunday! I have to walk the course tomorrow so I will get to see what it looks like. I'm hoping that we were trying to jump bigger than 80cm last week but the place we are going to is very proper and I imagine the jumps will also be very 'proper'. http://www.somerfordpark.co.uk/

What have I let myself in for!? :oops:

Its good you can walk the course tomorrow, take pictures of any bits you think might be sticky and talk them over with your RI or share here as we have some fabby jumpers who I am sure will have some helpful thoughts to share with you :D I'm sure it will be fine though, with the excitement of the competition he's bound to be more forward :)

Reactions: mu0ljk
Lots of vibes!!
It looks like a lovely place.

Better to go in feeling apprehensive than over confident. Listen - you have nothing to lose, go have fun ;)
I agree.
There is no shame in choosing to bypass something your not comfortable with.
As long as your not chasing the ribbons or placings yes have fun.
That's when things go wrong -when its all about the points or ribbons- so many times you see people and have to think
geesh neither they or their horse seems to be having any fun.
I took lessons a few years ago after 3 young sisters and it was SHOW SHOW SHOW for them (or maybe moreso the mother)
It was kind of sad for them to tell me I really hate spending weekend after weekend and whole weeks long at shows all summer.
I really would just like to get on and have a fun ride.
How sad is that.

Thank you everyone! I felt a bit better after riding today we were much more together so I'm feeling slightly more at ease (although that was over coloured poles lol but ssh!)

newrider.com