Having my arse handed to me on a plate...

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
by a foetus!!!!!! :giggle:

Morning sickness got so bad yesterday I was stuck in bed all day and ended up having to make an emergency appointment with the out of hours GP, have thankfully been prescribed some tablets which should help. Am just so exhausted from being sick non-stop!

Am still so excited about the end result, but jeepers I have never been this sick before!!

Poor you! I felt pretty rough the first 16 weeks of my pregnancies but it was OK after that. The stage where you can't even smell perfume in the lift without having to run to the loo is not great though! Is it 'just' morning sickness (what an ill-named problem that is, 'all day sickness' is more like it) or hyperemesis? Hope you feel better soon. When is your baby due? I was more sick with my girl than my boy ;)

With my first one I was sick all day, every day for 9 flipping months....I lost so much weight they warned me I would have a very, very small child, well he was 7lb 3 oz so I guess that wasn't too bad and he was getting all he needed.:biggrin:

But I hasten to add that is very unusual - more often than not it disappears altogether around 3 months, as it did with my 2nd. And anyway - the minute they are born every single bit of pain or inconvenience goes straight out the window whilst you gaze on the most beautiful baby that was ever born!:wink:

I hope you feel better soon and can start to enjoy it all.:smile:

FM - I haven't been able to ride at all, really hoping that these tablets kick in soon and I can start getting some time with my girls back! I've been so looking forward to riding Inca again and taking Puz for a few nice wanders.

squisin - It's verging on hyperemesis, I've been struggling to even keep water down. The Dr said my blood pressure was fairly low and I had a trace of ketones in my urine, so while my body had been doing it's best to compensate so far, if I'd left it much longer I'd have to be admitted for re-hydrating. Can also feel that I've started to lose weight.

I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow, so will be due at the end of July. Am really hoping this subsides by 12 weeks or so!

Cortrasna - one of my colleagues had the same experience earlier this year, she was horribly sick for the whole 9 months! and people say pregancy makes you bloom!!! :giggle: :redcarded:

congratulations :) and i feel for you, that must be awful :(

im 33 weeks but seem to have dodges the sickness part - instead son-to-be is having fun with my bladder and sciatic nerve ...

Awwe sounds awful !! Hope you get back on your feet soon.

I was very lucky in all 3 of my pregnancies, I was sick once in my first, never in second and the 3rd I had one dizzy spell, which was before I realised I had fallen pregnant.. it made make me think I was which was fab as had been trying for a baba :)

I really do feel for you. I was very sick in my second pregnancy and it made me miserable. I remember one very sad Christmas Eve 4 years ago when I was sick 7 times in one day.

The end result is well worth it and I really do hope that this stages passes quickly for you. While it is very annoying to be told every 5 seconds, do look after yourself and make sure you rest.

Poor you, I hope it passes soon. I can remember when I was expecting some of the women that where also pregnant were so bad they had to stay in hospital on a drip, poor things. All got over it eventually and had bouncing bundles. Take care:smile:

Oh gosh, I was so seriously lucky during my pregnancy, only a fraction queasy in the first 8 weeks that was it!

How exciting for you and notpoodle! And don't worry you will get to ride lots after baby has arrived ;) it's not as stressful as you think juggling babysitting and riding, though as we don't have family around we did source a friend of a friend as our own personal babysitter which is working out brilliantly!

Was a long time ago for me but I remember it well, one of mine I was sick for about five months, the other no sickness at all. Hope you soon start to feel more 'normal' soon.

Morning sickness got so bad yesterday I was stuck in bed all day and ended up having to make an emergency appointment with the out of hours GP, have thankfully been prescribed some tablets which should help. Am just so exhausted from being sick non-stop!

Am still so excited about the end result, but jeepers I have never been this sick before!!

Best diet I ever went on. Spewed for months, day and night. It is exhausting. I do feel for you. Not even water stayed down.

congratulations :dance:. I didnt know you were expecting. Hope you are feeling better today :smile:

newrider.com