Having to pay to ride a horse got on loan and pay everything else! < is that normal?

MinnieMoo<3

Aug 28, 2010
Cambridgshire
My mum was talking to the lady she works with and her Granddaughter used to have a horse on loan before she had her baby and as well as paying for livery + hay and straw (fair enough) and all the other things assocoiated with the horse but then she had to pay the owner money when ever she wanted to ride:frown: in the school, out hacking, where ever she had to pay, im not sure how much as she didn't know but is that normal?

she also then when she ended the loan was told she had to find the new loaner?

just wondered if any one had ever come across that before as I found that really strange or is it just me? :giggle:

I don't think there really is a "norm" when it comes to loaning horses, it's just what's agreed between the owner of the horse and the person that loans. If I was looking for a horse on loan I don't think I would take on one where it was stipulated in the agreement that I had to pay to ride it on top of paying for everything else though!

Sometimes when loaning a horse they come with everything under the sun, sometimes they have to stay at their present yard, sometimes you even have to buy your own tack etc. it just depends on what the owner wants I suppose!

I would agree that an agreement is usually reached between Owner and Loaner and if this Lady agreed to that then thats what has to happen....However, don't think thats the NORM:biggrin:

and to be told she has to find the new LOANER :giggle:

No, sounds like the Owner of this Horse was onto a pretty good thing:smile:

newrider.com