HAY STEAMER the canvas bag and lance sort

Harlequin32

Feb 20, 2008
Has anyone got/used one- would love to pick your brains!
I am currently soaking hay but this is going to make me very unpopular in winter when everyone is skidding on my brown ice:D

I want to know...
1. How long does a haynet take to steam
2. How much electric does it use (do you notice a difference in bills using every day)
3. If i put one in a shed would everything be dripping wet and damp all the time?

Wondering if i could keep one at the yard without y/o stropping about how much it costs to run or if i can bring nets home in the canvas bag and do it in my shed (or will that drip over my car on the way back in the morning!)

I was going to but i cant imagine that a kettle full of water is going to produce enough steam to do a really good job on a full haynet?

I bought a wallpaper steamer and a big tub rug
what I used to do was put the tub over the haynet and put the hose in the muddle of the net - as the steam rises it doesn't matter that there is a gap at the bottom... so the tub was upside down on the haynet

I used it for a week tbh it was so much hassle it annoyed me. You had to wait for water to be hot enough to boil then took about 20mins to soak hay. Water has to be boiling at all times so costs quite a bit.

newrider.com