HayBar

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
Anyone who has a Haybar installed?

My boy has had his installed for 2 weeks now - just finding him more messy than normal and wondering how or if others experienced the same?

we have two too.
There all right i think, much easier than a haynet but then again were used to messy stables as we used to put the hay on the floor anyway.
The only problem we had it with cleaning it out as we installed our rubber mats after we put the haybars in so there is not enough room between it and the floor. Therefore its a bit difficult to get the hay out and once we had a mouce nesting in the bottom when we went away and left the ponies in the hands of a freinds who didn't clean the haybar out properly.

Are they the huge black triangular "bins" you fit into a corner and reaching to the floor? I saw one at a yard I visited recently, and they are great! Would really like one for my horse, but not sure if YO would agree to one being fitted.

Might sound her out when "right" opportunity arises.

Roseanne

Both my 2 have the haybars and I love them. Jake pushes off with his nose any hay that is higher than the haybar, onto the stable floor to eat it but the rest he eats nicely out of his haybar. Dooley eats his hay out of the haybar no matter how full it is.
To clean the dust/seeds from out of the bottom of the haybar I lean head first into it and scoop it all out with my hands.
Sometimes they do use them as a toilet though :rolleyes: :)

ilostmymarbles compaired to what they used to do they are very tidy, will agree with the rubbermats problem.

newrider.com