Head torches

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I know we have done it before but its that time of year and I wondered how well your old ones are lasting and if anyone has brought a new amazing one? which do you recommend?

I have a couple of cheapy ones off eBay, they do the job but aren't massively bright (though bright enough for me to ride in the forest with) and aren't massively reliable (hence I have 2!), so thinking about getting a better one, but if I'm going to spend the money it had better last :p

I remember reading that Petzl ones are pretty fab. Used by walkers, hikers, pot-holers etc...

Reactions: Jessey
I have a Petzl and it's been going strong for 4 years now. It has 3 positions, which means I can avoid blinding the neds when I go over in the dark, and 3 different light settings too. LEDs mean the batteries last for absolutely ages. It was quite expensive at £25 - £30 from memory but I think it's really worth it.

I have a Petzl and it's been going strong for 4 years now. It has 3 positions, which means I can avoid blinding the neds when I go over in the dark, and 3 different light settings too. LEDs mean the batteries last for absolutely ages. It was quite expensive at £25 - £30 from memory but I think it's really worth it.
Do you know which model you have? I looked at them last winter and there seemed to be hundreds! :p

I had a pifco which devoured batteries and royally peeved me. So now I am about to embark on my custom torch facilitator.:p At the suggestion of my mother, instead of having to place my torch between my front teeth (which renders me useless for nattering to OH at night whilston the yard) I'm going to select some pieces of velcro and stitch them according to torch size onto my coat shoulders. I reckon this will leave hands free and offer me the best solution.

newrider.com