Healing vibes required

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Ouch ouch ouch, I need some healing vibes please. Went for a 3 mile off road run round the hill tonight whilst my tea was cooking. Almost home and coming down the hill towards home. I turned to take the short cut path back home, my feet slid on the gravel and I went straight down on the deck. Put my arm out to safe myself, narrowly missed putting my hand in a prickly gorse bush but in the process hit my left knee on the ground. So get up walk the five minutes back home. Pull down my leggings to find grazed knee and already massive swelling. Went straight in the shower and held very cold shower hose on it for a while. Two hours and it's already turning black. I can bend it but it's starting to feel very painful.
Put some deep freeze on it and taken some arnica. Shouldnt really put deep freeze on open graze but I dont have anything else. I have limped round feeding the animals, and now in bed with pillow supporting it. Arghh

Ouch, I hope it feels better in the morning. do you have anything in the freezer that you could wrap in a tea towel and put on it?

I have been a bit sore today and a bit swollen below the knee but at least the knee cap looks as though it's back in the right place. I could not believe yesterday when I pulled down my leggings how distorted the knee was. Although painful, with the knee cap over to one side I really thought I had done some damage although the pain wasn't bad enough to indicate it. It was very strange.
Hoping to ride shortly and tomorrow should be another 6 mile run so swelling be gone with you.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I'm still suffering. Everything was doing okay. Was a bit sore but then it got alot worse over the weekend. Managed a few rides last week and a 6 mile run on Thursday and another 2 Saturday. But my knee started swelling on Sunday. Obviously over did it with the funride and a 4 mile run on sunday. Monday I rode and then I was ear tagging lambs. One took offence and managed to give me a barrel in poorly knee. I started icing and upped the deep freeze.Tuesday I was limping, stairs were a struggle. Swelling got bigger below knee cap. Should have done a 4 mile run Tuesday but that was not going to happen so did 2 and another 2 Wednesday to make up the miles. The bruising was at its worst Wednesday. Black, red, purple and yellow. It goes half way down my leg too.
Last night was running club and the first night for training for our local half marathon. Which I'm slightly being talked into but would also like to do for myself. So I went along and went very slow.
Just got in from work and sat icing whilst having a cuppa and contemplating 3 miles and a ride this evening. Ummm

To be honest I'd be giving the running a rest until you're sure the knees going in the right direction. If there is any damage you may be making it worse. Fitness can be built back up fairly quickly, but if I were in your place I'd want to be sure toughing it out wasn't causing more issues! Take care!

Reactions: Trewsers
Ouch, sorry you are still suffering!
I agree with @selside im afraid, I really wouldn't be running while it's still so bad, you could be doing a lot more damage that will result in even more 'time out' take it easy for a while especially with all the other things you have to do.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com