Hello again from Australia

LyndaB

Jul 1, 2017
South Australia
Hello; I haven't been on here for a while but have been continuing my lessons on Buddy, school horse.
We have continued to work on walk; sitting trot, rising trot and cantering. Have been able to canter a number of times now, my coaches are so supportive.
I have even booked a small holiday next year in the country area of my state, includes being on horses for five days, several hours per day. It is a learning and training holiday, we ride through forest, and tour local wineries. Wow, sounds tough hey.
Plus have planned a trip overseas, going to spend 8 days in Ireland doing training with horses, riding, trail rides, dressage and maybe try jumping. Through Unicorn Trails, then on to UK to see family, and down to London for bit. Am going to have at least one ride with Hyde Park Stables, they were so supportive when I emailed them.
Its so exciting but also a little scary, thank you all for your support on this journey.
Maybe one day will have my own horse. :)

Sounds great! Where in Ireland are you going? I had a week at Clonshire Equestrian which was excellent. We used Unicorn Trails for a riding holiday in Kenya and they were very good.

Reactions: LyndaB
Hello, thanks @Skib I did see Ross Nye Stables on internet too, should try and get a ride in with them too.
Yes unicorn trails have been awesome, @GaryB I apparently am staying with small group in Kilbeggan, Mid Ireland, the farm is Anna Harvey Farm and they do heaps of different things, Fiona (who helped organise) was great, told her I am a beginner and want to try most things. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And Hi @Trewsers nice to be back. I will have to try and get more photos. Love my school horse, he is so good - though tried to put me in the sand pit last week - he didnt want to play. :)

Reactions: GaryB and Trewsers
Have now been given another horse to ride, as well as Buddy. Deisal is about 16.2 I think, he is very good but doesn't like cars when in the arena so I have to keep him to near side. So far have managed to walk, trot with him, haven't tried cantering yet.
Gradually getting to know him better, my coach has said there is also a new horse in the school and she thinks he will be perfect for me to ride - cant wait to try him out. Hopefully one day I will be able to ride him. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Thanks @Trewsers, yes they are lovely. Getting more confident slowly, cant wait for the holidays. Maybe one day I will have my own horse, or maybe part lease a horse.
Have been following the fires in USA, friends in California with horses, so hard. Watching posts for trailers to come help rescue, relocate, its so sad. So many properties, animals lost, devastating.

Thanks @Trewsers, yes they are lovely. Getting more confident slowly, cant wait for the holidays. Maybe one day I will have my own horse, or maybe part lease a horse.
Have been following the fires in USA, friends in California with horses, so hard. Watching posts for trailers to come help rescue, relocate, its so sad. So many properties, animals lost, devastating.

Aw yeah that is just awful for the animals and horses so sad:(

newrider.com