Hello Autumn

I had the cheap horse trimmers. They were ok for getting her used to the idea.
It took three hours to do a bib clip!! She fell asleep which was the idea.
They are ok for the ears and chin etc.

Reactions: Trewsers
Having fun changing the covers. Been busy pruning the brambles to reclaim the school.
She's ever so helpful with her own pruning.
As soon as I am done I have company, she's done as well.

I have much strimming back I need to commission Mr T into doing. It only dies back to a certain degree and I'd like to get it done before the school ends up all but disappearing around the edges..................
It's damp and chilly in a morning here now. No more t shirts. All packed away for another year.

Well one app says 43mph winds and the other 48mph.
I agreed with both going onto the headland to check the cob who walked and tried trotting over!

Though sort of hoping they are a tad wrong as it's forecasting another two weeks of wind, rain and storms.
Glad didn't clip, my gut instinct to leave her alone paid off.

I've had to put the rain sheets on this week. But it's still warm. I'm still wearing shorts to work. Was going to leave clipping a bit longer but Ive booked the physio and there coming next week so I think I would prefer chunky clipped out so they can see if there is any swelling in the back. I know from past experience his thick coat hides the swelling. So the clippers will be coming out over the weekend.

It's definitely autumnal stormy here, we've been having some corking thunder storms :)
I chuckled at Dan yesterday, Jess hank and I were in the barn but he just turned tail to the building storm
FB_IMG_1569653080401.jpg
Then as I was leaving and the storm passed
FB_IMG_1569653083744.jpg

We've had some bad rain, but no thunder storms yet, forecast for tomorrow though. Raf was clipped this morning, it was really bad rain and wind and then suddenly the sun came out and it's really warm now. I set off on a hack then remembered I wanted to practise this new trick my RI showed me in my last lesson so cut the hack short and went in the arena instead. Can't believe that has actually happened to me! But anyway, it started off feeling very like autumn this morning and now it feels like summer again. Goodness knows what tomorrow will feel like, the Great Flood if the forecast is anything to go by.

ETA what I actually wanted to say was that I really like that picture you've got at the top now @newforest. Can't remember what it's called.

Reactions: newforest
Lunged her today to see if any of the brambles grabbed her. Then trimmed it back a bit more.
She seems more settled with it all 'tidy' :rolleyes:

Last edited:
newrider.com