Hello everyone new here... 30 this year and buying own horse

Pencilbeckett

Mar 12, 2009
Staffordshire
Hi All

This is my first post on here i have been lurking for a week. I used to ride alot when i was younger. I gave up in my late teens when my parents seperated:( I always wanted a pony and cried on birthdays and christmas. I dreamt on numerous occasions i had my own pony and was so sad when i woke in the morning.

Well 12 years on i am married have 3 year old twins and we have just moved into a house on a farm which has livery, the field is outside our front door and having my own horse is my dream. I turn 30 in August and have decided i will buy him/her as a birthday present to myself. I put 5 stone on when i was having my twins and i was not the thinnest before this so i cant go straight back to lessons i have to lose some weight first so i am on the diet of my life. I am just about to start voluntary work at a riding school to get some experience in horse care while i am losing weight and i will then start having lessons there when i am a bit lighter. Then it is time to start looking for my new best friend arrrgghhh so excited.

Anyway i will stop rambling just wanted to introduce myself.

Jenni xxx

Hi and welcome!
You will find this forum a great source of inspiration and advice! Oh and not to mention, highly addictive!!

I'm 35 and returned to riding a couple of years ago after a 10 year gap. Not had my own horse ever but promising that i will within the next couple of years.

You'll find there are lots of first time horse owners the are in their 30's and older on here.

Look forward to hearing more re your quest for a neddy!
:D

Welcome to the forum. I was like you wanting a pony every Birthday and Christmas but I had to wait several years before I could actually have my own. I own a Fjord now, I'm constantly broke but I can't imagine life without horses :D let us know how you get on.

hello and welcome
Best of luck with your voluntary work, you will learn loads, and with the diet!
I bet your really excited at the prospect of owning your own horse soon...
Im pea green!:p

newrider.com