Hello from a polo player

alejandrafalkinhoff

Alejandra Falkinhoff
Sep 28, 2026
1
1
1
London
onapolo.com
Hello everyone,

I'm Alejandra. I've played polo for most of my life, and I also started a small polo kit company, Ona Polo, so I'll be upfront about that!

I love how friendly this forum is, and how many people here have come back to riding later in life. I'd love to show that polo isn't just for the rich and famous. Plenty of people take it up as adults, and polo ponies are some of the kindest schoolmasters you'll meet.

Happy to chat about anything polo, and looking forward to getting to know everyone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jessey
Welcome to NR 👋

I was lucky to ride a few polo ponies years ago, all the ones I rode were indeed lovely, I thoroughly enjoyed riding them.
 
Welcome! What does a first polo lesson look like for someone who already rides? Do you start practising with the stick on the ground, or get straight on a pony? Steering one-handed while trying to find the ball sounds like quite a lot at once!
 
newrider.com