hello newbie here can anyone tell me......

LOVINGallHORSES

May 14, 2006
wales
hi i hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but i've looking around to buy my first horse after moving to the country side i cant wait. the only problem being is all the horses i have ridden have been warmbloods/tb's and i have never known the extact size of them. so i dont know what size warmblood i should look for???????
im approx 5ft6 and weigh about 13stone can anyone help me??:eek: im hoping to compete with my future best friend if that helps???
thank you
:)
i hope i can make some new friends here.:D

Well first of all welcome to NR i'm Kirstie and own amba :)

i'm not very good with sizes but i would somewere around 15.2 to 16.1

Good luck in finding a horse as well ;)

JIL, you're in the same weight/height area as I am- I'm just a little bit taller (almost 5'7"), and I'm somewhere between 120 and 125 (have grown lazy when it comes to weighing these days!), but probably the lower end of that. I'm in the 8 stone range, and your 2 pounds into 9 stone.

I'd say anything 15.2+, though anything over 15HH should work- look for something with decent bone- cobs/crosses, heavy warmbloods, drafts, draft crosses. You could also get something 'regular' (qh, tbs, other light breeds) as well, but those are usually more of a search to get the right height and decent bone.

The draft crosses over here are a lot cheaper- I'm buying a clyde/QH filly (3 y/o) for $1800 CDN. She's 15.3 right now, and should make 16.1 or so, me and my coach are guessing- the breeder is guessing 17 HH, but we'll see :cool:

Good luck =)

newrider.com