Helmet cams

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
what do people use to mount their cameras?

After the incident I had last year (which is going to court soon) I've asked and got a helmet cam, now I'm torn between having a chest mount for it or a hat mount.

Recommendations please

Last edited:
Reactions: MrC
Mine is hat mounted, then it looks where I am looking so I can turn round and video behind me. There was some controversy over hat mounts after Schumacher's brain damage from his ski accident. There was some thought as to whether the hat camera mount had done the damage.

Reactions: MrC
This is why I'm switch wring as someone said to me that if a hat mounted arm didn't detach then it could cause neck/spine damage but having never used one is rather get people's experiences first before buying a mount.

I have a gopro and use the hat mount. I found i had to make some adjustments at the start as I had the camera positioned straight on but when i played it back i couldn't see Marley so i had to tilt it looking down a lot more than i thought would be needed. Now it shows marley and straight ahead.

This is why I'm switch wring as someone said to me that if a hat mounted arm didn't detach then it could cause neck/spine damage but having never used one is rather get people's experiences first before buying a mount.

I think it depends on what you are mounting. The original Gopro was/is very small. Tech moves on and you can now put a mobile or digital camera on your head! Those I haven’t seen aimed at horse riders. I have seen people with some pretty impressive cameras stuck on their heads though.:D
The horse riding camera I have seen sits on the side of your head and yes if you fell that way you have an obstruction that wasn't designed to be there when they made the hats.

Last edited:
My helmet mount has a weak point that is supposed to break if you have an accident.

newrider.com