Help advice on a rug for my Welsh pony of cob type

Jun 13, 2008
morayshire scotland
Our little welshie has had a growth spurt:rolleyes:
She has a 5" Masta which is pretty loose round the shoulders because of her conformation:( so bought her a 5" think its rhiono pony wug,the purple&green tartan and its 2tight round shoulders and pretty short along the tummy:( Also bought the cuddly pony rug which fits perfectly round the sholder but is 2tight and short round the derrier lol
picture.php
[/IMG]its only a med weight with no neck rug and was soaked throu other day. We had snow 2day and we'r right next to the beach so its freezing so need advice on where 2get 1,*** make 2get and if thier sizes r large or small and what weight i should use on her ie heavy?medium???
Will try add sum pics of all rugs on her 2moro if thatl help.Any advice welcome:D

I have a Welsh Sec C too he's about 13.2hh. I have him in a 5'3" Rhino rug with the round style neck, I find the wugs are just too tight on the shoulder.

ETA its a lightweight.

I have a Welsh Sec C too he's about 13.2hh. I have him in a 5'3" Rhino rug with the round style neck, I find the wugs are just too tight on the shoulder.

ETA its a lightweight.

ours is in a 5'9 and even that could do with been bigger! (he is very cresty cos he was gelded late ;)) we need a rug with large shoulders/neck, deep and relatively long too!

will watch this thread...

always found wetherbeta rugs fit excellent on our welshs ( they also make the cudly pony range but that normally comes up small as made for diddy dots) and are nice and deep to keep all that cold wind out:)

I would go for Weatherbeeta freestyle rather than the cuddly pony ones, they're the only rug that go near my welsh D. You'll be looking at the Orican to get a heavier one than that, there are some pretty good deals, especially on ebay at the moment for the smaller sizes.

seen a few on ebay but most of the ones i like are 300g and i dont want to over heat her but then i dont want her cold either,is so hard:(. would a heavy weight be to much? Shes only 3and gets fat jst looking at the grass so dont have to worry about keeping condition on her but i sleep better knowing shes comfortable in the field.
the pony wug is def 2tight round neck and shoulders thou,jst wish u could get a horse rug tailor out 2measure up for the perfect fit and a reasonable price:p

At the minuite i'd keep her in a M/W specially if she keeps weight on her well. It's not REDICULOUSLY cold at the moment (getting there though :p) and you'll find it will probably be alot colder in December/January time so if you have her in a H/W now, she wont feel the benefit when its much colder. It's tricky to judge this time of year!

lol its freezing jst now:D had snow on and off all day which is nice but the winds not:( everything looks great white:D She comes in when the weathers really bad because her and the donkey go nuts if the others come in without them:( We get the winds of the sea which shes not used to:( and no trees or shelter to keep the wind of,god im over worrying now lol you can imagine what im like when it comes to something really serious:rolleyes:

newrider.com