HELP! Anyone own a Packard Bell desktop? need an expert :(

It's not a laptop, just an ordinary desktop pc.. It's not the PSU, we're starting to think the mother board's failed.. never mind, found the 12mth warranty, it goes back tomo, to find out what's gone wrong.. it's been acting weird these last few days..

Theres a battery on the motherboard used in the boot sequence. The amber light is a boot failure. It should make a series of beeps also which will confirm the problem.

It's not beeping either, just glowing amber.. we have to unplug it to switch it off too, the tower doesn't have an on/off switch at the back, and the one at the front when pressed doesn't switch off?
Thanks Ceiron :)

I'll take a vague guess here having had Packard Bells (as my first PC some time in the 90s), it may well be the whole mother board needs replacing. If it is that, you are better off taking everything out (Hard disk, cd drive, etc) and getting a new case and mother board.

I would say psu or motherboard.

May be not getting enough power to boot anything and locked in a cycle. Or the power control unit on motherboard is fried.

newrider.com