Help... Body Protecters

J

jaydevon

right i hate the dam things, but time has come where im getting back into jumping, a ode im doing in june insists you where one, soooo i need recommendatios, my problems are....

larger size needed, im normally a 16 in clothes, i have large... erm boobies and im short in the body

so does any one have any recommendations on makes???

iv got the Robinsons Reiver short fit bp. i find it really comfortable actually, i only find it a bit restricting when gettin on and off.

I do not however have much of a bust so i cant help on that

Airowear have a new one coming out in May for specifically for woman. It's called Outlyne - if you try the Airowear web site they have info about it. :D

thanks just had a look on the website, ideally need to try some on, but shops dont normally carry the larger sizes! urrrgggg hating them more by the moment

hello, another person who is not keen on body protectors :eek: but my airowear is good, it is the velcro one, i have seen the new one and it looks nice too, hope you find one to try on :)

The Hows RS2000 is BRILLIANT :D I have just bought one and love it SO much, it is incredibly light, flexible and comfortable. I usually hate BPs too, I had the Airowear Zippa and I thought that was as good as it got until I tried this! Treehouse Sporting Colours do them, they come in all sorts of colours sizes and you can get a short length. They do from small right up to XXL (I think) sizes and they may do made-to-measure. They are expensive but well worth the money - most eventers use them now as they are so comfortable :)

im watching on this thread im in need of one too ;) im in the same boat
small body large boobies :(

ah but im large all over... i also have wide shoulders so that dosent help, hehehe i dont want a bp thats going to make my already, shall we be polite and say large ... bottom any larger! have saved a few links, think its going to be a case of order try and send back, have found 1 i like the look of, typically its the most expensive!....

http://www.dragonflysaddlery.co.uk/...rotectors/Back+Support&subcatname=&itemid=232

I've got the airowear zippa one and it's fantastic - so comfy I forget I'm wearing it as it sort of moulds itself to you - I wear it all the time now.

I am short in the body and have a large bust and small waist but found that a medium Racesafe RS2000 fitted me and that's with the laces at the side done up tight. They come up very big!
The laces mean I could pull them tight at the waist and loosen them at the bust.
They come in different lengths and they will make them up shorter if you have a big budget.
They are quite expensive but so much more comfy than other brands. http://www.treehouseonline.co.uk/racesafe_rs2000.html

I got mine on Ebay but the wrong size had been bought and tried once so it was effectively new.

The Hows RS2000 is BRILLIANT :D I have just bought one and love it SO much, it is incredibly light, flexible and comfortable. I usually hate BPs too, I had the Airowear Zippa and I thought that was as good as it got until I tried this! Treehouse Sporting Colours do them, they come in all sorts of colours sizes and you can get a short length. They do from small right up to XXL (I think) sizes and they may do made-to-measure. They are expensive but well worth the money - most eventers use them now as they are so comfortable :)

excellent just had a look and they also do made to measure,. will email them tomorrow! thanks!

I get so jelous when you girlies talk about big girlie bits! I am 32 years old and as good as flat chested!!!!
Seriously, after my incident last week, I am thinking of buying one at least for jumping. I do have one but I hate it and never wear it! However, considering the impact of it, I am very lucky to just have a bust ankle! It needs to be comfy ie hardly know I am wearing it!!!!! Do they exist?

kat1 - I can't recommend the RS2000 enough (see my above post) and they come made for all sorts. I am only a small B-cup and I could make it tighter (and I like a very tight BP - my dad always thinks I won't be able to breathe! :p)

i may well let you know, ive never worn one, and really dont want to

I don't wear mine either :eek:. Its so difficult getting use to them.

I have heard Charles Owen are now doing a Gel one and thought I may look into. Anyone else got one?

You will love it, I've always hated them, but I'm so glad my RI recommended this - I only wear it for XC but it has made me so much more comfy! Also, it smells really nice for some very odd reason :p

ive thought about that, falling off and being hurt dosnt bother me, a bp isnt going to stop me breaking my neck or a leg, its all for dam rules! i hate the thought of feeling restricted!

You will love it, I've always hated them, but I'm so glad my RI recommended this - I only wear it for XC but it has made me so much more comfy! Also, it smells really nice for some very odd reason :p

thanks for that info LOL

You will notice you're wearing it. I hack, school and jump my 5 yo ex racer without but I will use it for cross country.
I do find that once I start I forget about it.
However, it's much better than my old strait jacket one and imo as far body protectors go it's as comfy as you can get.
And I have had a couple of falls where I landed on my back on the jump where I was glad I had it.

Last edited:
newrider.com