help.. daughter going to uni... need a rider!

sheddy00

Nov 11, 2004
derbyshire
Visit site
hi, any ideas on the best way to find someone to ride/ school my daughters horse as she is off to uni in september, and they don't have a place for him to go with her this year. he is only a youngster (5) so needs someone who knows what they are doing. should i place an advertisement etc? if so, how should i word it? he's a fantastic horse, but i am quite worried about finding the right person. i don't want to ruin him, but spending so much time off won't be good for him either. anybody have any experience with this kind of thing? any advice would be most welcome... thanks

Is she a member of a local riding club?? You could ask around there, instructors etc and see if they could recommend anyone, speak to local tack shops etc What kind of horse is it that your advertising?? You try specific web-sites targeted at that type of horse or your preferred discipline etc

he is an irish sports horse, schooling quite well, but a typical teenager, thinks he knows best, but still a baby. he is absolutely a gentle lad, but can have.....certain issues with, i don't want to do this today!!! or, noooo am i doing this right.... so ...illl panic and stick my head in the air and rush off. he really needs someone to understand him, and not to force him to do stuff. he has a fantastic jump, a really long stride, but needs to gain a little more confidence. god! i could go on for ages. yes, are members of riding club.... but... not sure anyone there would be the right sort of rider... if you know what i mean. this is so difficult. can't afford to pay a fortune out on this.and no i can't ride him...far too old and scared stiff....and he knows it ...lol. thanks for the advice....

newrider.com