Help - Livery in Sheffield

Jools74

Jul 11, 2008
hello

Hi, I am about to move from the borders to Sheffield

Ive been looking for livery to keep my horse (Bingo!) when we move which will probably be over the summer, if we ever get one LOL

My husband and I have found a place to rent in Fulwood and there seems to be plenty of choice around this area
I dont want to have to drive too far for a ride

The problem is Im not 100% of the area and Im also finding that some places are chokka block with no spaces

The area is a bit of a problem as theres nothing like hacking for a few weeks to get a feel of if its going to be good or not, and obviously on foot I can only cover a small patch each time we visit

Around Fulwood looks great but Im a little worried about motorbike access on the track that finally goes up to Ringinglow - Bingo isnt great with traffic you see

It may be though that this wouldnt be a problem as Id stick to inside the valley, but it looks a shame that there is potentially good riding to be had up on the moor

Also what can you tell me about Dore please?
I can see the woods to Abbeydale look nice but the bridleway past Shorts farm looks like it may be a bit steep - is it safe hacking out up to Blacka or if I do that would I need to come down another way?

My biggest problem though is availability

Id much appreciate info on where to look for that isnt full if anyone knows, or even of any places that currently dont but would have room in the future

I need full, or possibly partial, livery and a menage is a necessity too

Many many thanks

Jools

xx

Also what can you tell me about Dore please?
I can see the woods to Abbeydale look nice but the bridleway past Shorts farm looks like it may be a bit steep - is it safe hacking out up to Blacka or if I do that would I need to come down another way?

My biggest problem though is availability

Id much appreciate info on where to look for that isnt full if anyone knows, or even of any places that currently dont but would have room in the future

I need full, or possibly partial, livery and a menage is a necessity too

Many many thanks

Jools

xx

The riding round Dore is great. Up onto Blackamoor is steep in places, but horses tend to cope with it fine. You can go for miles without touching a road. Theres the gallop fields up that way and then ecclesall woods if you head up through Dore itself. You can get over to Holmesfield and Ringinglow too, but that includes a bit more road work.
The yard down shorts lane (Far Nova) is only DIY livery, but usually has a space or too free. Theres Katie Farnsworths in Dore too, that does part and full livery but not everyone agree's with her way of handing horses :rolleyes:
There's a yard at the end of Long Line, on Hathersage Road but i don't know anything about it really.
Another yard in Dore is opening some time soon. I think it's going to be full livey but i'm not 100% sure.

livery

Hi there

There is Stubley Hollow at Dronfield (full and part livery I think) and also Snowdon Farm (full livery only I think) at Coal Aston which I understand to have excellent facilities. Should be about a 10 minute drive to both for you.

Zoe

newrider.com