Help me find a saddle fitter in Wiltshire

nicolawx

Legends Never Die
Aug 7, 2008
Wiltshire
www.youtube.com
Anyone know any good saddle fitters in Wiltshire.
Ideally i'm not wanting to spend a fortune on a saddle, potential new horse won't be coming with tack.
All i'm going to be doing is hacking so i don't want to spend hundreds.
Would be great if the saddler could bring a selection of saddles so i won't buy one myself and find it doesn't fit at all, i don't mind second hand either as i did want the horse to come with tack as saddle fitting confuses me so much! :confused:
First horse and all that :p

Nicky at Wadswick is great, won't sell you what you don't need and always has loads to try. She spent months getting the right saddle for Ziz, kept coming back with ones to try, we ended up with one that Wadswick didn't stock at the time but she got it in just for me. Highly recommend her.

I use Julia Duffin even though I am slightly outside her area.
Got 2 very nice secondhand saddles from her and found her very helpful.

Membership Category Master Saddler & Harness Maker
Address The Saddle House
16 Fairholme Way
Upper Stratton
SWINDON,Wiltshire
UNITED KINGDOM,SN2 7JZ
Telephone 01793 825658 Fax Mobile 07977 114896
Description Saddle fitting, new & 2nd hand saddles, leather & synthetic. Flair & Wow fitter, also good range of bridlework & stirrup leathers etc.
juliaduffin@hotmail.com

Another vote for Julia, she's very good. Failing that Nicky or Chris from Wadswick but they're further away & it will probably take you longer to get them out.

We have used Nicky from Wadswicks in the past. For the last few years we have used Julia Duffin. Julia is really good as she can reflock etc at the time getting you a good fit without all the repeat visits.

I have had both new and second hand saddles from her and happy with both. However I'm not sure if you will be able to get a saddle that doesn't cost in the hundreds. Even the cheapest of saddles eg a Thorowgood maxim is usually from 150-200 new. Personally I would try and get a leather one but I do have friends who swear by synthetic so I guess it's up to you:)

Your best bet may be to buy the horses current saddle at an extra price from the owner.

We have used Nicky from Wadswicks in the past. For the last few years we have used Julia Duffin. Julia is really good as she can reflock etc at the time getting you a good fit without all the repeat visits.

I have had both new and second hand saddles from her and happy with both. However I'm not sure if you will be able to get a saddle that doesn't cost in the hundreds. Even the cheapest of saddles eg a Thorowgood maxim is usually from 150-200 new. Personally I would try and get a leather one but I do have friends who swear by synthetic so I guess it's up to you:)

Your best bet may be to buy the horses current saddle at an extra price from the owner.

I was ideally looking for a synthetic saddle anyway, i seem to prefer them :p
The horse does have a saddle, but apparently it's very very old, so maybe not worth having it anyway. :rolleyes:

newrider.com