Help Me Shop!!!

Thyme & Me

Nov 23, 2011
My dad has an amazingly glamorous wife who does all the Christmas/Birthday shopping. So I normally get things like make-up, jewellery or perfume, Very nice, but not really me......

This year he has said 'just buy what you want and I'll pay you back'!!! Wow! He wants it wrapped and under the tree (so that rules out a rescue pony:D) and I don't know what sort of budget he has in mind. I guess anything up to £100

So what shall I buy? I'm tempted by a warm coat/jacket. But I'd be getting myself that anyway as I really need one. So I want something definitely horsey and practical but that I would normally say I couldn't afford.....

Any ideas for either me or my ponio. What would YOU choose????

Oh gawd - I had this dilemma from my birthday earlier this year. I've just agreed to merge my birthday money with my xmas pressie to get something bigger as I couldn't decide. Bearing in mind that my birthday was January so I've had all year to consider it. The trouble is that my definition of a present is always something I'd like, but not necessarily need. And on that basis I couldn't come up with anything special enough! Everytime I'd think about getting a new pair of riding boots or a new jacket I'd veto it on the basis that I could just make do with what I've got!
Sorry, that was a witter! I'd get a new riding hat since I really haven't replacd it since my last fall. And I'd get a riding fly mask for during the summer. And some new riding gloves.
Thats it. Easy to think about spending someone else's money!!

Thanks FM! Maybe this thread will give you some ideas too then!
Gloves is a good idea..... Mine are holey.
Any recommendations for super-warm-but-can-still-hold-the-reins gloves anyone?

I've got a pair of WoofWear neoprene gloves - they're warm and OK for riding, but rather stiff. I've got some Mountain Horse string ones too - lovely and comfy, but not warm ... I don't know if there's a perfect pair of winter gloves out there.

Going back to the original question, last time I had £100 to spend (I won a tack shop draw), I bought four jump blocks - useful for 100 things, and not the sort of thing I'd ever buy for myself ...

Some great ideas!

Out on a hack today I thought I'd love to have a saddle bag for a map, thermos of coffee, spare gloves, sandwiches, chocolate bars, carrot ot two..... etc etc

Then we could stay out for hours!
It's something I would not normally buy as I can do without it so passes the 'special enough for a pressie' rule.

Anyone use them? Any recommendations?

I have a bad habit of just buying stuff when I find it so Christmas an d birthdays are a bit fo a nightmare for family and friends.....I have an addiction to footwear so probably some new boots for the yard or riding.

newrider.com