help, my kitten is in season!

Abserd

Apr 12, 2007
West Yorks
www.backlanestables.co.uk
anyone know how to alleviate any of the symptoms?

I'm ringing the vet later but i know we can't book her in for neutering until she finishes her season, but the poor lamb, she's having a bad time :eek:

Don't know exactly how old she is and never had a female cat before, she's approx. 5 and a half so it's the right time for her it's just it's happened so fast...it just came full on yesterday, crying, rubbing, etc. not going into details, if you know what i mean, then you know what i mean!:eek:

It doesn't help that i live in a private rented flat and i'm erm, not really allowed a cat so her crying is a worry. Wish i could use this snow as an excuse for not going into work but sadly i can walk:mad:

I just feel so bad for her, poor baby, to think she could have babies of her own at this age! Not that she's going anywhere that she could attract a mate, it's awful to see her suffering like this.

Book her for a spay next week. With luck her heat will only last 3 to 5 days.

There is a trick with a cotton bud to bring them out of heat but it isn't something for a novice to attempt.

aaah....i think i see what you're getting at :rolleyes: and no i won't be attempting it! Thanks though :D

Have booked her in at the vets...earliest is the 16th. She's not as bad today, i'm trying to keep her occupied as much as possible but really have to go to work after staying off yesterday.

I've been letting her out on the balcony (in a harness) which is so exciting for her that it's tiring her out, which is good and playing a lot. Will have to lock her in the bedroom when i leave though, don't want everyone to hear her crying...!

newrider.com