Help needed please - filling in job application

candyflosspot

bossy boots
Sep 7, 2010
Sheffield
Hello :smile:

I am filling in a job application and one of the questions is asking me how i have given good customer service(as in going above what the role expected) which has left me stumped:redface:.

I was just wondering if people could post about a time they have gone above the call of duty, this is not so i can pinch your story but i am hoping this will jog my memory and something will spring to mind.

Thank

A couple of examples

shop assistant
In a shop when they don't have the item in your size the assistant not only checks their stores stock but checks any other stores gets it ordered and posted to your home address.

Pay clerk/admin

Some thing is wrong with pay, clerk locates problem makes the adjustment. Then after next pay run checks the adjustment has happened and calls the person to let them know.

Item has not arrived. phone company and instead of telling them to check depot, send another item by tracker for next day.

Hope one jogs your memory and good luck with the application

A couple of examples

shop assistant
In a shop when they don't have the item in your size the assistant not only checks their stores stock but checks any other stores gets it ordered and posted to your home address.

Pay clerk/admin

Some thing is wrong with pay, clerk locates problem makes the adjustment. Then after next pay run checks the adjustment has happened and calls the person to let them know.

Item has not arrived. phone company and instead of telling them to check depot, send another item by tracker for next day.

Hope one jogs your memory and good luck with the application

Thank you.:smile:

Hmmm, I can't think of specifics, but I recognise good customer service is someone who shows initiative and goes beyond my expectations, is friendly, helpful and knowledgable, sounds like theyre interested in me as a person by remembering things i might have mentioned before and the icing on the cake is if they have a sense of humour as well!
Two that stick out are the dick vet (who happened to be quite sexy in an intellectual kind of way!) he spoke to me like a grown up rather than an ignoramus (sorry I generally find vets quite patronising but it's maybe how I end up being with them that causes it!). Showed me the supporting evidence for what had been done with flip, answered my questions happily and followed up with updates each day and was forthcoming with information. He had really listened to me, down to the fact that when I'd said we had trouble with farriers, her already spoken to my vet about organising a stronger sedative for me to use and a recommendation of the farrier in my area best suited to helping.
Also when I couldn't get back through because flip was being an arse and wouldn't load, he called me back later and suggested I speak to a lady in the vet practice there that has fantastic success with loading difficult horses. Above and beyond......if only he lived closer!

Any time you have taken someone's needs into consideration - which often race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability all impact on.

So, writing stuff down in a shop for someone with a hearing or memory impairment, doing an extra home visit or phone call for reassurance, taking time to understand someone else's perspective or commitments - and finding a compromise...

I have some examples! Here is a bad one so do the opposite of this:

I phone Vauxhall as the company car our team use had a dodgy battery - keeps going flat - and speak to them this morning. The switchboard/help desk person tries to put me through, the phone rings & rings, intercepted by dodgy music but nobody in the service dept is available to speak to me so I leave her my name & number and I'm told somebody will call me back. By 1430 nobody has call me back so I phone again. Same woman. She does apologise & says it was probably her colleague I spoke to - I give her my details, she then remembers me & says she can't read her own writing to find her message from me earlier today. So she takes my name & number again. I hate false promises when people say they will call and they don't.

What would make great customer service out of a bad situation would be to call somebody back even though you don't have answers - just to say I haven't forgotten, we're on the case and we'll be in touch soon, sorry to keep you waiting type thing.

Good customer service? I will provide you of some great service from myself! There is a fundraiser on the coast, based in Devon, I've been liaising with quite a bit recently. He has asked me to send him some video. What we have has mostly been taken on mobile phones, is either really long (and sometimes boring clips) or only a few quick seconds worth of action so I've just dumped loads in my Dropbox account (and paid to upgrade so I have more space!) and I'll work on collating it all this weekend so he has a brilliant video to work with, to provide to the community & raise funds for the charity.

newrider.com