Help please - how are extras charged on DIY Livery

atillathefun

Jan 7, 2005
Essex
Visit site
Hello
I wondered if anyone can tell me how extras (muck out, turn out, feed etc) are charged for DIY livery i.e weekly or monthly ?? and in advance or in arrears??

Thanks for any help :D

Woo hoo its Friday :)

Last edited:
Not much help, but it all depends on the YO, there's no hard & fast rule.

Fwiw, we pay for hay monthly in arrears, and for things like wormers, farrier etc as and when they happen, again usually afterwards.

on diy if you want a horse turned out
its £2
to bring in £2
muck out £4
use of hw £3 for 30 minutes
wash facilities £5 p/w

If you are having assisted DIY you would normally be billed for extras at the end of the month when you get the bill for the next month I would assume, that's what we do at our yard!

Thanks for your answers I will be taking DIY liveries in soon but would like to give them the option to have horses mucked out turned out etc if they cant get down.
I was thinking of invoicing at the end of the month like ACE87 said but wanted to see what other yards do
:D

we have a big whiteboard with all the horses names down the side and the days at the top we just have 2 put __ in their row on the day we want __ doing
TO -turn out - £1.50
BI - bring in - £1.50
HN(AL) - hay net (at lunch) nothing as long as haynet is made up £0.50 to make one up
ORB - overreach boots put on - nothing
RC - rugs changed - nothing
MO - muck out - £5 (for full muck out if pony has been in all day) £2 (to put bed down)
we pay weekly or we can include it into out monthly fees (if we know we are going to want turnout everyday for 2 weeks it will automatically go onto our livery bill)

xx

Livery in advance extras in arrears at end of the month on the same bill as in advance eg

Recieved bill at end of March for livery for april plus all extras and hay & straw for march. We also pay a refundable deposit when we arrive I think it was £200 but can't remember.

We have a large paper diary in the office and DIY horses liveries names are put it and we write in what we want done next to the names eg

April 4th

AM

Homey - feed bfast left outside stable and top up water and then turnout

Another horse - bfast and then muck out

PM

Homey 1x bale of straw
Another horse - feed tea outside stable.

newrider.com