HELP!!! Where to find a pony for camp next year

Sep 29, 2019
Hi
Me and my sister are looking for two horses/ponies for camp next year that we can ride for the week and then return we are preferably looking for something more experienced who is used to pony club or being around other horses we are both pretty decent riders but would like to enjoy camp with an easier / been their pony any ideas where we would be able to borrow one we are happy to pay a fee etc. We are looking to do pony club next year with a sensible horse so the following year we can ride out grannies inexperienced 8 year old because this coming year she won’t be ready because he hasn’t even jumped yet and she rears when he Sees lots of horses obviously between now and two years time we will take her Out and about and teach her how to jump etc but we would like to go to pony club camp for the first time on something sane and sensible

Also do you know if pony club are good with less experienced horses and putting the jumps down etc does anyone have any good experiences or not

thank you so much would really like your opinions it would help so much xx

You would generally need to have your own horse to take them away to camp, unless you find a riding school that runs an in house camp that you can also hire their horses to do it.
Yes I have looked at onsite camps at riding schools etc but my mum would prefer for us to go to the same one that we will be doin with our inexperienced horse the next year

The best suggestion I can make would be have you a friend who might lend you their horse?
I think you’ll struggle to find anyone willing to simply loan you their horse for a week, even for a fee, though.

newrider.com