HELP where to sell my Jeffries Piaffe saddle

scotlori

Mar 5, 2009
Glasgow
Can anyone help!!! I bought a 17.5 black jeffries piaffe dressage saddle last year for £1100 and I am now requiring to sell as it doesn't fit my boy now he has grown....It was only used for 7 competitions but it does require to be flocked. I was hoping to get £500 does anyone know a good place other than ebay???:D
Thanks

Sorry no, but if you find somewhere please let me know! I too have a jeffries (hawk event gp though) 17.5" MW for sale also brand new last yr and need to shift it!!

peaches,

Saddles direct sometimes buy your saddle off you. If you google it then just email them with the history and picture and they might buy it off you. They already have one the same type as mine but will contact me when they sell it. they also can advertise for you on their website £10 pm. Thanks

peaches,

Saddles direct sometimes buy your saddle off you. If you google it then just email them with the history and picture and they might buy it off you. They already have one the same type as mine but will contact me when they sell it. they also can advertise for you on their website £10 pm. Thanks

That's if they have the manners to ever get back to you, answer your emails, or acknowledge your existence.....:rolleyes: I've given up with them...If I ever have 32 horses in again, guess who won't get our business! ;)

Scotlori, I too have a really nice saddle to sell, and I'm struggling to find somewhere decent(not eBay) to sell it! :(

I will give them a stirling a bell and see what they say tomorrow and put an update on for everyone trying to sell saddles. I can't believe people aren't buying them. In my opinion they are going really cheap.

What about trying to sell it yourselves.

Put adverts into local saddlers, ads into the blue and yellow papers (adtrader), ads into equiads, Ads at major competition venues i.e Rowallan, Ingliston (that is if you stay in the central scotland area) and then what about horse websites that let you advertise for free.

Worth a go as saddlers will drop the price so they can add something on to give thema profit.

What about trying to sell it yourselves.

Put adverts into local saddlers, ads into the blue and yellow papers (adtrader), ads into equiads, Ads at major competition venues i.e Rowallan, Ingliston (that is if you stay in the central scotland area) and then what about horse websites that let you advertise for free.

Worth a go as saddlers will drop the price so they can add something on to give thema profit.

I tried that.. sell my saddle on Gumtree..no takers!!

IMO it's better for the buyer to see it, on thier horse before a sale is made... I know if you sell it online/in a paper/whatever then if the buyer is close enough, you can take it to them, but if they arent what then? certainly would not post to them for a trial, probably never see it again, and if they bought it and it didnt fit, they are stuck with a useless saddle.

Taking a saddle to mobile fitters such as Stirlingshire saddlerly is maybe a pain in the bum, and could well take a long time to sell, but atleast it's not in your house/tack room gathering dust

newrider.com