Help with Saddle please

MrsCarter

Lovin' my herd :D
Oct 9, 2007
S.Yorks
I know about getting saddle fitters in etc etc so hope I don't get flamed for my question :p

Basically I've just seen this on ebay and it's a bargain considering what you get for your money I wondered what you all thought??http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TACK-CLEARANC...hZ020QQcategoryZ72594QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I have a 16hh Tb Mare .... this is her

ChesterZoo004.jpg

.. and I was wondering whether anyone thought this saddle may be ok for her:confused:

I can't really measure the saddle that came with her as it's a little worse for wear and wouldn't give me any indication of the correct size.
A friend of mine seems to think that this saddle should be ok.

I hope someone can help. I'm planning on having a new saddle made for my mare once she's fit and her shape is 'as it should be' :D

Last edited:
to be quite honest, i have bought a similar type saddle of ebay before(imported leather ones), and they are absolutely rubbish!:eek: i got a gp saddle it was wonkey at the back, made me sit with by legs way too far forward, it really was impossible to put your legs in the correct position without shortening your stirrups like a jockey!
it had weird dye marks, and got scratched and discoloured easily, i really dont reccomend them at all:eek:
very poor quality in my experience

aghhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't touch it with a barge pole:eek: :eek:

That type of saddles (the gallop saddle and similar) are appaling. Look shiney on the outside to people who don't know much about saddles but are the most atrocious workmanship inside. Most of the panels are squint, tree doesn't fit anything and puts you in a rubbish position and don't even ask about the flocking (carpet shavings:eek: )

She looks like she's got the classic TB back with a vry sloped lumbr area and fairly narrow, so a wintec would be worth trying. They're the same price, or even less if you could get away with a 17".

i would recommend a thorowgood one that way you can change the fitting to suit your horse, and they do a saddle made for tbs. i think they are fairly cheap too.

Awww thanks for all your wonderful advice :) I think I did the typical thing of seeing the price and not the pitfalls. I think it's just because I wanted something to be going on with ..... silly me :rolleyes: I'm such a bargain hunter that I lose my mind sometimes :eek:
My horse and her comfort is my primary concern. Thankyou for bringing me back down to earth :)
I'm sure Elouise thanks you all too :D

xxxx

newrider.com