Help!

Jun 6, 2020
Hi I am getting a horse or a pony soon but i wasn't sure what size is right for me. I am 5"4 and have never owned a pony before, could you help me by telling me what height pony is right?

What sizes and builds do you ride in your lessons? That should give you a good idea of what range of sizes are ok for you. Your weight shouldn't be an issue for anything of a suitable height. Other things to consider is what you want to do riding wise and how you'll be keeping anything you buy, for example if you're an adult wanting to event above riding club level then probably best not to buy a 14hh, and if you won't have stabling in the winter then you may be better not going for tbs or similar.

What sizes and builds do you ride in your lessons? That should give you a good idea of what range of sizes are ok for you. Your weight shouldn't be an issue for anything of a suitable height. Other things to consider is what you want to do riding wise and how you'll be keeping anything you buy, for example if you're an adult wanting to event above riding club level then probably best not to buy a 14hh, and if you won't have stabling in the winter then you may be better not going for tbs or similar.
Thank you!

newrider.com