Help?

your first learning experience about buying a horse...well good luck in the future and i hope you find yourself a wonderful friend!

Hi

I can understand your annoyance. We've all been there and done that. I was offered a loan horse a while back. Sounded nice, child at college, the usual reasons. Deeper qustioning revealed that this paragon of virtue would only stop with a double bridle, took off when on long lines and the subtext was please take this thug off my hands for six months and re-educate him! I did not get as far as a visit. I will think about most things but severe traffic problems and bolters are a total no no in my book! [No menage and Dartmoor is no place for a bolt]

Connie picks her way through deep mud when asked to walk through it but rolling in it - call me hippopotamus! I called her the other day. Her face was clean!!! The rest was caked on mud and wet!

maybe its just an American thing to not do long trial periods. I personally would not think of letting one of mine go for a month trial, and I wouldn't think of asking for it either. I guess our society is just more distrustful in general than across the pond.

I'm glad you had the wisdom to say no to the horse when it was obviously not right for you. In the long run you'll be better off, and congrats for staying on!

Allie

Well done you for staying on as long as you did! I get so cross whaen folk mis describe a horse, someones life could be at risk.

I only met one easy to do TB he was such an unlikely chap as he was a race horse, he used to come to us for a break from racing and was a perfect gent and so calm about everything. But he was out of the ordinary.

newrider.com