Helping around the stables

Hello :D

Yes, I still have Raf, he is the love of my life lol. Do you still have Beau?

Yes, the boy is now 18, his hocks are very arthritic, so he's on lots of Danilon. He recently yanked off a front shoe and there wasn't enough hoof to replace it, so he's currently barefoot and very footsore. He's got boots and the rain should help to soften the ground. He's still very playful and cheeky, liikes to pretend he's doing a dressage test in the field!

Attachments

• 48070350-2722-4C5A-92C0-0A9001A99BB6.jpeg
    48070350-2722-4C5A-92C0-0A9001A99BB6.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5
Yes, the boy is now 18, his hocks are very arthritic, so he's on lots of Danilon. He recently yanked off a front shoe and there wasn't enough hoof to replace it, so he's currently barefoot and very footsore. He's got boots and the rain should help to soften the ground. He's still very playful and cheeky, liikes to pretend he's doing a dressage test in the field!

Aw bless, hope the softer ground helps. Do you still ride him (when he isn't yanking off shoes of course)? He's got such a lovely face, a bit like a cuddly teddy bear :D

Reactions: cinammontoast
Aw bless, hope the softer ground helps. Do you still ride him (when he isn't yanking off shoes of course)? He's got such a lovely face, a bit like a cuddly teddy bear :D

I haven't ridden since the accident, dunno if you ever saw the pictures? I was trampled catching in a mate's ID, ripped off half my calf, impressive photos!

I haven't ridden since the accident, dunno if you ever saw the pictures? I was trampled catching in a mate's ID, ripped off half my calf, impressive photos!

I remember seeing that, it looked dreadful! How long ago was it? Has it left you unable to ride, or is it likely to eventually heal enough that you can?

I remember seeing that, it looked dreadful! How long ago was it? Has it left you unable to ride, or is it likely to eventually heal enough that you can?

It was 6 years ago. It's left me with zero brave pants, I find it quite hard to go in the field now. I limp a bit, n o thing zero us, but the bit that's missing is right where you'd squeeze a horse on and my patella often slips. Could have been worse, she could have got my head!

I'm not surprised you've lost your brave pants, that was enough to terrify anyone. If she'd got your head, or to be fair a lot of other parts of you, you wouldn't be here telling us about it, and that knowledge alone is confidence destroying. I'm impressed that you have anything to do with any horse now, you're a brave lady in my opinion. I had an ID and also grew up around them, I love the breed but know the brute power and agility of them should never be underestimated - too often they're labelled gentle giants.

For the attention of Horse and Hound member
[B]Velcrobum[/B] - no idea what you call yourself on here. but I can take a very shrewd guess ;)

I do find it slightly distasteful and frankly not in the long existing spirit of community privacy and what is written in NR stays in NR has apparently passed you by. but then you are a regular on another not quite so pleasant forum as this one, so really shoudln't be too surprised should I :) To copy and paste word for word a post written on this forum to another forum purely to stir the shite pot and amuse yourself is something I find both odd to say the least, and revealing about you as a person.:)

Of course it is fact, that anything we write and post on the internet is there for the world and his wife to find and see. However, blatantly joining one forum to then copy and paste posts from the newly joined forum to the other one I find actually quite distasteful? why would you? what is your motive? one can only assume - you must be yet another troll, the very worse kind who posts incognito on several forums purely to stir up trouble and offend and enjoy the craic at the at the expense of other forum members. Not classy Velcrobum, seriously not classy at all ;)

It was 6 years ago. It's left me with zero brave pants, I find it quite hard to go in the field now. I limp a bit, n o thing zero us, but the bit that's missing is right where you'd squeeze a horse on and my patella often slips. Could have been worse, she could have got my head!
You are indeed very brave, it happened before my time on here, but sounds horrendous. I've mentioned a mare I had on loan before I got my 1st, she was vicious - I gave her back before I got badly hurt, and presto - the girl who got her after me spent 6 weeks in hospital - said mare reared in hand, kicked the girls head, then trampled her. She never went near horses again, so hats off to you going anywhere near a field!

You are indeed very brave, it happened before my time on here, but sounds horrendous. I've mentioned a mare I had on loan before I got my 1st, she was vicious - I gave her back before I got badly hurt, and presto - the girl who got her after me spent 6 weeks in hospital - said mare reared in hand, kicked the girls head, then trampled her. She never went near horses again, so hats off to you going anywhere near a field!

Dear god!

A sister of my OH'S colleague was double barreled in the head turning out a horse she knew shortly after my accident. Her skull cracked all the way round, she's had bone grafts because it just wasn't healing. For some time, she was in a wheelchair and looked/was paraplegic. It was horrific. It's changed her personality. She's been extremely lucky to be fit and well now.

Quite naturally, my OH has put me on a warning: any more accidents=no more horse. He's more relaxed now, but for a long time, he was checking up on me at the yard, bless him. He was asked if my leg was still attached by the yo when he arrived to pick up my car. At A&E, he said it looked like a slaughterhouse. Poor lad!

I’m so relieved to log on and read this thread
I hadn’t wanted to say anything myself being a newbie and not wanting to cause trouble!

Dear god!

A sister of my OH'S colleague was double barreled in the head turning out a horse she knew shortly after my accident. Her skull cracked all the way round, she's had bone grafts because it just wasn't healing. For some time, she was in a wheelchair and looked/was paraplegic. It was horrific. It's changed her personality. She's been extremely lucky to be fit and well now.

Quite naturally, my OH has put me on a warning: any more accidents=no more horse. He's more relaxed now, but for a long time, he was checking up on me at the yard, bless him. He was asked if my leg was still attached by the yo when he arrived to pick up my car. At A&E, he said it looked like a slaughterhouse. Poor lad!
Don't we have some horror stories, us horse people?! It must be love! I count myself lucky (so far) to have only had the usual broken toes, bruised bum and back etc. That mare was vicious, but so beautiful, and a dream to ride. I chose a kind nature over aesthetics when I bought my lovely Ramsey. No regrets.

Reactions: cinammontoast
newrider.com