Helping with horse's balance.......

Fancy_mover23

I have the Jumperishness!
Jan 27, 2007
OH-IO!
OKay, so ET has really bad balance issues. He fell over onto someone over the weekend, becuase he can't bend much without losing his balance or tripping.

I got his back cracked, and he bends a little better, but how can I help him get his balance back???

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Stacey

i don't know anything about your horse, a little more info such as how old he is, has he always been like this, did something set it off? if so what was it? and so on. otherwise you will get very blanket advise.

He's 15 yrs old, and he just started getting like this a few months ago. I don't really know of anything that may have set it off. He has no joint problems, just sometimes a stiff back. He gets his back cracked every once in a while.

If anyone has general info also on this issue I'm interested (not wanting to hijack your thread fancy_mover).

My horse is HUGELY unbalanced, goes round corners like a motorbike. I've started to lunge again and will introduce side-reins soon. I put a polo mint on my toe when I'm in the saddle and get her to bend her neck to reach it, and i go in and out of the woods when we're hacking, in and out and round and round trees. Any of these solutions help with you fancy_mover?

newrider.com