Herbs for tendons and healing

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Has anyone any experience of Global Herbs Tendoneze? I thought I'd ask before buying. Also would welcome any advice / experience on feeding the best herbs to nutritionally help the healing process. @Jane&Ziggy would your herbal friend know of anything I could buy? (Thought I'd ask as I remember you have recommended her website to other Nr people in the past)

Thanks @Kite_Rider I'm willing to try just about anything that will help. She took a real downturn yesterday:(and I've got the vet coming to re scan next week. I am trying to give her the best chance.

Thanks @Kite_Rider I'm willing to try just about anything that will help. She took a real downturn yesterday:(and I've got the vet coming to re scan next week. I am trying to give her the best chance.
Oh no Trewsers, I'm really sorry to read this :( poor Storm - hugs to you and lots of get well soon vibes to Storm x

Reactions: Trewsers
Comfrey (aka knitbone) is good for healing, you can either feed it, make a tincture or make it into a poultice and put it directly on the injured area. I have some growing in my field I could harvest and pop in the post today if you'd like :)

You could also try homeopathy, when bo damaged his stifle I used arnica, rhus tox and ruta grav. My vet said it would take 6 months IF it healed and was blown away when he was sound in 3 months and said that was the only thing I did differently to his protocol so he thought it helped.

Comfrey (aka knitbone) is good for healing, you can either feed it, make a tincture or make it into a poultice and put it directly on the injured area. I have some growing in my field I could harvest and pop in the post today if you'd like :)

You could also try homeopathy, when bo damaged his stifle I used arnica, rhus tox and ruta grav. My vet said it would take 6 months IF it healed and was blown away when he was sound in 3 months and said that was the only thing I did differently to his protocol so he thought it helped.

Oooh would you mind sending some comfrey? But only if it is no bother. Will pm you

Reactions: Jessey
Oh I'm sorry to hear this @Trewsers. Contact Catherine at Naturally Animals www,naturallyanimals.co.uk . She may have some herbal or essential oil recommendations but I think is most likely to suggest red light therapy, which promotes healing in all sorts of creatures. It's a bit outside my area of expertise though!

I've just had a look at her website, what an interesting one. Think I'm going to order some of the devil claw, because by the sounds of it, it's a better strength than the one I've been getting - and I've run out, so very timely. She has some very interesting things on there - it might take me a while!

newrider.com